Home

Return to Monkey Island

Rum Rogers

14 minutes ago, Rum Rogers said:

Gamescom, but it seems way too far away now. Unless they wanna release it for Xmas?

Just looked up Gamescon and its not until nearly September...

c2d.jpg

I'm starting to think they won't do it at event. So fingers crossed for July.

Edited by Toymafia88
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BillyCheers said:

Yeah, maybe Ron will just show up on this forum and post it here first, saying "Look, how about that?" :monkey4:

Omg i could totally see that.

The fact that they announced it on April fools rather than E3 etc makes me think they will do it in some funny, jokey, untraditional way 😆

FWIW, I have no knowledge of whether or not a trailer exists and when said theoretical trailer will or will not be released (as evidenced by my erroneous prediction that we'd see one yesterday!). But that said, I am reasonably certain that the only reason there was no trailer yesterday is because they didn't want to show one yet. Whether it's a timing thing, they prefer a different presentation format, whatever, I have no idea. But speaking broadly, things like the audio mastering definitely wouldn't be an impediment.

• Like 9

I remember them saying they will do a proper reveal long before the release.

My two predictions are...

1.) a reveal in July with a release on Pirate day on the 19th September

2.) Grumpy Ron will transform into jolly Ron and release it on Christmas day as a Christmas present. Ho ho ho 🎅

20220610_180415.jpg

Edited by Toymafia88

6 minutes ago, Dmnkly said:

I have no idea when release day is, but Talk Like a Pirate Day would be sooooooooooo cool 😄

I would love this too 😁 too perfect.

also it being close to my Birthday is an added bonus 😍😁

Edited by Toymafia88

1 hour ago, Dmnkly said:

FWIW, I have no knowledge of whether or not a trailer exists and when said theoretical trailer will or will not be released (as evidenced by my erroneous prediction that we'd see one yesterday!). But that said, I am reasonably certain that the only reason there was no trailer yesterday is because they didn't want to show one yet. Whether it's a timing thing, they prefer a different presentation format, whatever, I have no idea. But speaking broadly, things like the audio mastering definitely wouldn't be an impediment.

Ha, I just arrived here from my COMI playthrough, (finally arrived at Blood Island), so I actually read this in your voice!

Oh, how my head likes to play games.

On topic, I kinda love the activity in the forum lately because of the announcement of TOMI, so maybe I don't want it to come out, so we can keep speculating... FOREVER!!

(That might be one for the unpopular opinions thread though.)

• Haha 4

The strange thing isn't just that there was no trailer. It's also that Ron and Dave were apparently very aware of how the hardcore fanbase was sitting at their screens around the globe expecting a trailer, and they never mentioned a reason for the no-show, not before, not afterwards. Dave even retweeted Majus' Trailer Reaction Simulation (MTRS™), still not a word (well, technically, there was a word, but it was "dededeledeleldeldelele"*).

Something is afoot here. Maybe good things are simply right around the corner. 🤔

* which is even wrong. It should clearly be "dedededelededededeledeledede". And, yes, I spent almost 15 minutes checking this one. See what the absence of a trailer has done to me?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Vainamoinen said:

The strange thing isn't just that there was no trailer. It's also that Ron and Dave were apparently very aware of how the hardcore fanbase was sitting at their screens around the globe expecting a trailer, and they never mentioned a reason for the no-show, not before, not afterwards. Dave even retweeted Majus' Trailer Reaction Simulation (MTRS™), still not a word (well, technically, there was a word, but it was "dededeledeleldeldelele"*).

Something is afoot here. Maybe good things are simply right around the corner. 🤔

* which is even wrong. It should clearly be "dedededelededededeledeledede". And, yes, I spent almost 15 minutes checking this one. See what the absence of a trailer has done to me?

Yeah that is certainly true, I saw David Fox had liked a few of those tweets too, seems a weird thing to do if you know there's nothing to show. At the risk of being slandered in the Mojo Adventurer again (an honour though it is 😜) , it's worth noting that Devolver have continued to announce more games and reveal trailers past their showcase in the Netflix games presentation, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that there are more chances within Summer Game Fest for the game to be shown, but at this point I think it's better for our collective sanity if we assume there won't be anything at this event. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goury1 said:

Excuse me for a dumb question, but what exactly is audio mastering?

It's a process where audio is processed to be in its released form, and some of the things that might be involved, for example, include applying some equalisation and compression in order to make all the sounds which were recorded across several months and in 3 studios sound like they all come from the same game. There's a -little- bit of a grey area between mixing and mastering, especially when talking about music, but generally mastering is the stage after all the volume levels and FX processing and editing has been applied, the final piece of processing that needs to be done in order to ensure that everything sounds nice and consistent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Toymafia88 said:

So when is the next big event it could get announced at? 

Soo... I obviously would love for it to come out sooner, but this whole time I've been thinking that they are aiming for a November release date.

Let me explain. After playing TWP for the first time a few weeks back I really got into it, and was especially kicking myself for not backing it when it first came out (for some reason I completely missed hearing about it... it wasn't like I consciously chose not to back it). Anyways, I spent HOURS reading the original kickstarter page and postings, as well as EVERY ONE of the blog posts that Ron made on the TWP website. I even started listening to all the podcasts.. but after about 8 hours in I realized that listening to them all was going to be an undertaking that would just take too much of my time...

Anyways... what I do remember was Ron talking about release dates a lot. He kept saying that you need to release by November because you don't want to release around the time of the AAA games at Christmas. In the end they didn't end up getting it out by November, but rather pushed it back into the next year by a few months. So my immediate thoughts on hearing that RTMI was coming out this year were that it would be out by November, and probably not much before...

Edited by madmardi

3 minutes ago, madmardi said:

Let me explain. After playing TWP for the first time a few weeks back I really got into it, and was especially kicking myself for not backing it when it first came out (for some reason I completely missed hearing about it... it wasn't like I consciously chose not to back it). Anyways, I spent HOURS reading the original kickstarter page and postings, as well as EVERY ONE of the blog posts that Ron made on the TWP website. I even started listening to all the podcasts.. but after about 8 hours in I realized that listening to them all was going to be an undertaking that would just take too much of my time...

As someone who has struggled to enjoy TWP, I'm intrigued to know if all that extra work added to your enjoyment. And if so, could you surmise some of your major learnings so I don't have to follow in your footsteps? :)

Just now, ThunderPeel2001 said:

As someone who has struggled to enjoy TWP, I'm intrigued to know if all that extra work added to your enjoyment. And if so, could you surmise some of your major learnings so I don't have to follow in your footsteps? :)

Well, I actually just played the game first... really got into it, and then felt this wave of regret for not getting in on the backing and anticipation. 

The development blog was really cool. I learned a lot about game design, budgeting and puzzle dependency charts. Useful, everyday knowledge for sure... great applicability to my day job! 🤣

• Like 1