Home

Return to Monkey Island

Rum Rogers

Okay, I'm ready to pre-order for the horse armour but neither Steam or Nintendo pre-orders are active yet!

Glad Return appeared relatively early in the proceedings...was getting pretty sick of watching things get shot in grimy dystopian settings.

• Like 1

Will nobody talk about how cool the Monkey Island theme in the background is???     :monkey4::monkey4:

10 minutes ago, Thrik said:

Wot?! Buy it on Steam then buy it on GoG. Switch too — even if you don’t have one!

That's probably what I'll do, pre-order it on Steam just to be able to have that stupid horse-armor-thingie for the Steam version, and then buy it whenever it comes on GOG just to have all my Monkey Island games in one platform where I can look at them all together and be happy :guybrush:

• Like 1
  • Chef's Kiss 1

Something a little interesting. The video referred to stan as Stan s. Stanman. He wasn’t called this until tales so that’s technically another little tales reference to go alongside the picture or morgan in the original trailer. I think i’m going to enjoy hunting for all the little almost imperceptible references to the wider franchise in the final game. 

• Like 3

Along with my excitement, I'm also relieved to have a release date lol less than 4 weeks! 

I also love that the trailer was very conservative in new footage. Now I just need to decide if I still watch the MonkeyIslandMondays or just go into hibernation until September 19th.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Niemandswasser said:

Said the farmer to the cologne salesman

I'm not even going to correct it...

8 minutes ago, demone said:

Along with my excitement, I'm also relieved to have a release date lol less than 4 weeks! 

I also love that the trailer was very conservative in new footage. Now I just need to decide if I still watch the MonkeyIslandMondays or just go into hibernation until September 19th.

Yeah, I reckon it might be time to hunker down until I've finished the game...

29 minutes ago, tmetic said:

Steam preorders are available now. The British version costs £19.49! 

Damn, can’t I buy three copies on Steam?! That’s how much I usually pay for crap like ‘Assassin’s Creed’ and ‘clothes for my child’ anyway.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Mak said:

Please note that that the bald guy may have been Elaine's most recent ex-boyfriend.
At this point, perhaps LeChuck might really have some chance

Schermata 2022-08-23 alle 22.20.06.png

Either that or all castaways in the caribbean eventually develop the belief that they are in fact h.t. Marley and curiously all have evidence to support it as well as elaines endorsement. This is clearly one half of a family photo. 

• Haha 2

Before the trailer dropped, for a short moment I had the hope that the "big" news would be a German-dubbed trailer (fitting the venue), announcing foreign language dubs for us nostalgic foreigners.

Also, $25 feels incredibly low for what I expect to be a massive game, at least for adventure game standards (which has been developed for over 2 years). I guess it's too niche to ask for more after all?

Edited by Laserschwert

18 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

Also, $25 feels incredibly low for what I expect to be a massive game, at least for adventure game standards (which has been developed for over 2 years). I guess it's too niche to ask for more after all?

I wouldn't bet on the genre setting the sales charts on fire, no.