Home

Return to Monkey Island

Rum Rogers

1 hour ago, MichaelSon said:

Just preordered on Steam the MAC version.

Seems like my 2012 MBPro will still be able to handle it nicely.

Still, I would like to have a Big Box release.

Hope that someone is already working on it.

I had troubles figuring this out myself. Am I okay? (Sorry for the repost as I also put this in another thread!)

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 9.33.27 PM.png

Edited by madmardi

I was thinking more of John Hancock shivering looking like this poor unfortunate soul.

And...

After 10 years, we all will finally be able to play the next game in the series by the original creators on September 16th.

I'm talking of course about "Space Venture" from the makers of Space Quest. Undercutting some silly pirate adventure game release day by 3 days.

But really, their Kickstarter campaign for Space Venture started over 10 years ago, and they spent the last two years on the Save-Load system if you were to take their spaced-out updates as any indication. While I've never played a Space Quest game beyond a few minutes, I did back their campaign. There have been plenty of backer complaints throughout the years.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/3590050

I'm so happy that we haven't been dragged through ten years of a Kickstarter campaign to get our hands on another Monkey Island.

Edited by Scummbuddy
  • Like 4

I also backed that Kickstarter. I'm far more sanguine about the whole affair. Some Kickstarters don't amount to anything. I'm amazed they bothered to finish the game at all.

EDIT: Actually it just struck me. All Kickstarters launched before 2014 are legally bound to deliver their rewards... maybe that's what's going on.

That's what happened with the David Lynch: Art Life documentary I funded. They makers got 600% the money than they asked for. And then signed with Criterion as an extra bonus. I backed $50 for a "Special Edition DVD" with exclusive backer extras.

Then after it finished and they had all our money: Barely any communication. And no exclusive special edition DVD. After much complaints, we eventually received a printed-at-home DVD in a plastic slipcase with zero extra features, and a picture quality so poor you couldn't even read the credits.

x1P36AU.jpeg

Just enough to legally fulfil their obligations...

Those guys are assholes. I digress.

In other news, TT have an answer to every question you have:

Edited by ThunderPeel2001
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Scummbuddy said:

After 10 years, we all will finally be able to play the next game in the series by the original creators on September 16th.

I'm talking of course about "Space Venture" from the makers of Space Quest. Undercutting some silly pirate adventure game release day by 3 days.

But really, their Kickstarter campaign for Space Venture started over 10 years ago, and they spent the last two years on the Save-Load system if you were to take their spaced-out updates as any indication. While I've never played a Space Quest game beyond a few minutes, I did back their campaign. There have been plenty of backer complaints throughout the years.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/3590050

I'm so happy that we haven't been dragged through ten years of a Kickstarter campaign to get our hands on another Monkey Island.

I feel so bad for all involved, the development cycle for Spaceventures sounds like its been an absolute nightmare.

I hope the devs make a good number of sales, enough to take a nice vacation. I hope RTMI doesn't overshadow it, but raises interest in all adventure games around it. If the two games end up having any relationship to each other, I hope it can be a positive one.

OK so I'm also not going to buy it lol. I'm also just not a Space Quest fan. I might, either if I hear its good or if its an interesting trainwreck.

Possible responses to using the Horse Armor:

"I want to keep it in mint condition."

"It's not my size."

"It's out of gas."

"They can get their own armor."

"That's not a horse!"

"I don't think it's fungible."

"Nope. But I hope it was worth it for you."

"Hey, there's a hidden compartment here. I think I can get it open..." <Install Update 22> <Update Not Found>

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

Possible responses to using the Horse Armor:

"I want to keep it in mint condition."

"It's not my size."

"It's out of gas."

"They can get their own armor."

"That's not a horse!"

"I don't think it's fungible."

"Nope. But I hope it was worth it for you."

"Hey, there's a hidden compartment here. I think I can get it open..." <Install Update 22> <Update Not Found>

Clearly it will be:

"I think I can live without that particular piece of junk."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scummbuddy said:

Clearly it will be:

"I think I can live without that particular piece of junk."

I can see Guybrush trying to brag with the horse armor.

Maybe it‘s the new „Rubber Chicken with a Pulley in the Middle“. Remember how often you can offer it to people in Monkey 1, who mostly say something like „Oh I already have one.“?

I look forward showing Stan the horse armor.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Marius said:

I can see Guybrush trying to brag with the horse armor.

Maybe it‘s the new „Rubber Chicken with a Pulley in the Middle“. Remember how often you can offer it to people in Monkey 1, who mostly say something like „Oh I already have one.“?

I look forward showing Stan the horse armor.

I can almost see it being similar to the money from the start of MI2, where Guybrush brags about how he will be sailing in first class. Only this time, he says things like "I'm sure this invaluable silver horse armor will be crucial towards discovering the Secret of Monkey Island (TM)", or "Only an idiot would order this in advance unless it did something useful."

Edited by demone
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Guybrush Transmasc said:

I feel so bad for all involved, the development cycle for Spaceventures sounds like its been an absolute nightmare.

Not sure what happened behind the scenes, but they're probably only releasing something because they're bound by Kickstarter rules to do so... I forgot that all Kickstarters launched before 2014 are legally bound to deliver their rewards... so that's probably what's going on 😬