Home

Return to Monkey Island

Rum Rogers

3 minutes ago, Niemandswasser said:

It's really starting to sink in that in two weeks' time that question mark that's lingered over MI2's ending since Ron stepped away will metamorphose, for good and all, into an exclamation point.

Pretty sure they will not substitute that question mark with an exclamation point. I think they'll just change the question mark's font. 🦊

• Like 4

I'm basically torturing myself at this point reading all these interviews lol, but man are they hyping me up even more. I'm more excited about just starting at the carnival again than the Secret potentially being revealed. Preordered on both steam and switch. 

Also, saw another interview on Ron's Twitter. Apologies if this has been posted already:

Fair Warning; there aren't necessarily full-blown spoilers in this interview, but Ron and Dave do get pretty deep into a story element and there are some implications on items and a puzzle. If you are really bunkering down from any real news, I would give this a skip. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/09/weve-finally-seen-return-to-monkey-island-in-action-looks-great-full-of-laughs/

Edited by demone
  • Like 1

About that Ars Technica article, I think that we're entering a zone that some players might find seriously spoilering, so I'll report here the warning of the editor:

Editor's note: This article is careful not to spoil a single puzzle, joke, or unannounced character reveal. One plot-specific reveal, which Gilbert and Grossman were happy to announce, lands near the end of the article.

Edited by LowLevel
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

The end section doesn't say much that's new.

For me, the biggest reveal was in the last part of the article. I hoped for something and now I know that my wishes have been granted. I won't go into details.

Edited by LowLevel

I liked the early part. It made me more eager to play the game. I don't think it properly spoiled anything but it gave me a little taste of a couple of things.

At least I didn't see anything that is arguably a real spoiler that hasn't already been mentioned in the trailers.

3 minutes ago, LowLevel said:

For me, the biggest reveal was in the last part of the article. I hoped for something and now I know that my wishes have been granted. I won't go into details.

For me, it was an earlier sentence. I'll write the beginning, non-spoiler part of the sentence I mean.

From there, Gilbert took control of Threepwood and guided him through a simple, early puzzle

The end of that sentence tells me how the game begins.

Edited by BaronGrackle

1 minute ago, BaronGrackle said:

For me, it was an earlier sentence. I'll write the beginning, non-spoiler part of the sentence I mean.

The end of that sentence tells me how the game begins.

Does it? It says an early puzzle, not the earliest, and it's super vague about it.

37 minutes ago, JacquesSparkyTail said:

Ok so i just spent 10 minutes typing out a wall of text that for some reason disappeard when i posted… i’ll sum up. Too much murray? 

0FC4BBB3-FB96-4605-81D3-86A05DDFC627.jpeg

I'm thinking the plethora of Murray appearances might be a bit of pandering to the CMI crowd. So much of the marketing is aimed at fans of the two originals, so it'd make sense to throw some morsels to those who consider CMI to be the pinnacle of the series.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and Murray will be a constant sidekick. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Remi said:

I'm thinking the plethora of Murray appearances might be a bit of pandering to the CMI crowd. So much of the marketing is aimed at fans of the two originals, so it'd make sense to throw some morsels to those who consider CMI to be the pinnacle of the series.

But where is my EMI pandering at??? 

4 minutes ago, Remi said:

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and Murray will be a constant sidekick. 🤷‍♂️

I think it's cool that Murray is becoming a more active part of the cast instead of just kind of being in there like in MI4 and the majority of MI3 (except for that one puzzle). Tales made Murray as a sidekick work, even if it was only for one part

• Like 2

Ron did mention very early on in a tweet that Murray is in the game "big time." I love Murray, so I'm incredibly happy with that, but particularly because I wouldn't say he's been overutilized in the series. 

Curse was his grand debut. Escape he was just put in for the sake of it for a small portion (you don't even need to talk to him) and Tales he was only in one chapter, in a great capacity though. 

I would have no problem if his role is more critical to the story and has more interactions with other characters. Again, so long as his inclusion makes sense. Ron and Dave have mentioned many times it was important to them to include returning characters in a capacity that fits and not forced in for simply nostalgia reasons. So, I have no fears in Murray's role in this game. 

• Like 3