Home

Return to Monkey Island

Rum Rogers

The Telltale Forums are still up! I think most of the old forums are archived, but you can still go read all the old Monkey Island content if you want.

6 minutes ago, OzzieMonkey said:

I was more of a lurker back then, but I do recall being immensely disappointed that we weren't going to find out how LeChuck's ego was repaired after being blasted by the Ultimate Insult in Escape. Younger me cared way more about these kinda things than I do now.

When you played Escape did it bug you that we never learned how he escaped the ice in the roller coaster?*

*did it actually explain this and I forgot?

• Wow 1

10 minutes ago, Jake said:

When you played Escape did it bug you that we never learned how he escaped the ice in the roller coaster?*

*did it actually explain this and I forgot?

Spoiler

It kinda did. At some point they tell you that Ozzie Mandrill helped him get out of there. And that was the beginning of a long and deep friendship. :) 

10 minutes ago, BillyCheers said:
  Hide contents

It kinda did. At some point they tell you that Ozzie Mandrill helped him get out of there. And that was the beginning of a long and deep friendship. :) 

Spoiler

It's weird, cause Murray tells Guybrush that LeChuck's beard melted the ice, but LeChuck says that Ozzie pulled him out. Oh sweet, dear, inconsistant Escape, I love ya :p 

Edited by OzzieMonkey
  • Haha 2

Just now, OzzieMonkey said:

It's weird, cause Murray tells Guybrush that LeChuck's beard melted the ice, but LeChuck says that Ozzie pulled him out. Oh sweet, dear, insonsistant Escape, I love ya :p 

The voodoo lady said SHE helped LeChuck escape from the ice!

(this didnt happen)

• Haha 4

I have nothing to apologise for, Jake. I was a lurker.

The Telltale forums are still around and active. There's a huge thread of five people asking for Minecraft Story Mode 3 and I am fascinated by the people so in love with Minecraft Story Mode. I'm too old to relate I guess.

The Telltale TOMI forum isn't even closed, people just aren't using it. They have their own RTMI thread, even! It has eight posts and hasn't seen a new one since May.

• Like 2

Meanwhile, while you were all jumping in the hype train in the Telltale forums, I was still a kid, learning to speak english thanks to Tales of Monkey Island, because it was the first game that didn't have an italian dub, and no subtitles, but I still needed to play.

I always wondered how come it didn't even have italian for the subtitles, was it a decision in Telltale? I remember that Sam and Max season 1 had different languages for subtitles (even though there were some errors with the italian translation), but I think that for season 2 onwards was only english(?)

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, Wally B. said:

I always wondered how come it didn't even have italian for the subtitles, was it a decision in Telltale? I remember that Sam and Max season 1 had different languages for subtitles (even though there were some errors with the italian translation), but I think that for season 2 onwards was only english(?)

Telltale was cheap 🤷‍♂️ They must have decided that since Italian was the smallest playerbase out of the standard EFIGS translation list (English French Italian German Spanish) they could save some money by not paying for it. Of course, that cheap out means fewer Italians will buy it so it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. I don’t really understand it, but it’s how a lot of decisions were made. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jake said:

Telltale was cheap 🤷‍♂️ They must have decided that since Italian was the smallest playerbase out of the standard EFIGS translation list (English French Italian German Spanish) they could save some money by not paying for it. Of course, that cheap out means fewer Italians will buy it so it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. I don’t really understand it, but it’s how a lot of decisions were made. 

That's unfortunate, there's actually a big fan community for point and click games. There were people trying (and failing hard at it) to make some kind of Monkey Island 5 before Tales was announced. I remembered I felt very disappointed at the time, when Sam and Max wasn't dubbed I thought "well, it's not that famous, I guess it makes sense..." but I was expecting an italian dub for Tales.

It surprised me even more that the Back to The Future and Jurassic Park games weren't dubbed, and that's a big gigantic franchise.

It kind of still burns that Return is not dubbed in other languages other than english. I mean, Disney does have the money to do so... Broken Sword 5 was dubbed, and that was way smaller budget, I think...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Staple Remover said:

One final Monkey Island Monday!!

I’m predicting we’ll see the Scrapbook retelling of the previous games. 

…or since I’ll only have one last time to place a foolish guess, they’ll release the game a week early 🤣

I highly doubt we'll get an early release, but if I had to guess, the scrapbook's not a bad one but I also think we might see the hintbook in action. I reckon we'll see Guybrush get it from the Voodoo Lady. Feel free to laugh at me from the future when I'm wrong :p 

1 minute ago, JacquesSparkyTail said:

Plot twist. His first name is lindy and in life he was the cabin boy of ht marleys ship. This game will also reveal that winslow is really rum rogers sr and that madame xima is the real rapp scallion. 

Damn looks like someone leaked the Tales Season Two design document. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, JacquesSparkyTail said:

Plot twist. His first name is lindy and in life he was the cabin boy of ht marleys ship. This game will also reveal that winslow is really rum rogers sr and that madame xima is the real rapp scallion. 

Something something the map seller on Mêlée is also voiced by Danny Delk cOiNcIdEnCe hmmm????

• Wow 1

Monkey Island Monday bullet point thoughts

* I imagine it occured to many of us that Guybrush was never able to finish his trials, as in the last Monkey Island Monday. I suppose it adds to that theme of unfinished business they've been going on about.

* It's a pretty good gag for him to mistake them for the Men of Low Moral Fiber, which makes me wonder if they're showing up at all. Also, how does he know their names?

* Come to think of it where did the Pirate Leaders GO after the trials. They were in the bar because they were hiding out from LeChuck and I always assumed they scattered because LeChuck attacked

• Like 2