Home

Return to Monkey Island

Rum Rogers

:horn: Forum News!

FYI there will be a spoiler-only subforum going up tomorrow morning at the same time as the game coming out! I'm sure there will be some people who don't want to talk about Return spoilers yet, either because they can't play for a while, or don't want to see any of them until they've completed the game, which is why we'll be quarantining them in a dedicated forum for a while.

The forum also has a nice "ignore" function that can filter the spoiler subforum and all of its posts out of your browsing experience, if you'd like. Eg spoiler forum threads won't show up in a "new post" search or activity feed list.

Within the spoiler subforum itself we're requesting that people not use spoilers in thread titles, and tag their threads with "Part X" tags (or a few others like "early game" / "late game") so if you do decide to wade into the spoiler forum mid-playthrough, you can choose what you want to engage with.

In the meantime despite the temptation, I don't think it's worth "pre-creating" a bunch of spoiler threads, because they'll just get filled with mush in the next few hours while people go stir crazy. I kindly ask that you wait until you've actually played the game a bit and have something spoiler-filled to say before starting a spoiler thread!

I think that also means this thread will close when the game goes live or shortly after. End of an era! So live it up in here for the next 10 hours or so.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Jake said:

I think that also means this thread will close when the game goes live or shortly after. End of an era! So live it up in here for the next 10 hours or so.

It’s gonna feel weird seeing this thread being closed and not pop up again every few hours (or minutes… or seconds). 😟

Thanks everyone for the nice discussions, those were some awesome months with you! I’m looking forward to all those interesting conversations about ReMI in the other threads. Although I’m still a bit unsure how to handle the spoiler subforum to not get spoiled accidentally. 🧐

See ya there. 🥳

Edited by BillyCheers
  • Like 5

The game is out! Spoiler forum is up! Here is a little (spoiler-free) info about how it works. If you're ready to wade in, go for it but remember, it IS a spoiler forum! ☠️ YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ☠️

If you want to keep talking about Return and Monkey island in general in a spoiler-free way, there are plenty of threads here in General Discussion.

Enjoy downloading :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jake locked this topic