Home

Return to Monkey Island [SPOILER FREE]

ThunderPeel2001

7 minutes ago, LowLevel said:

A question hit me, increasing the damage: what topics can we discuss in this thread?

I would imagine this thread could serve for but is not limited to:

1. "I'm loving/hating/liking/disliking the game so far" (but without spoilers)
  2. "Is it on GOG yet?"
  3. "Is there a physical release yet?"
  4. Whatever the heck we talked about in the other spoilery thread when there were no spoiler yet
  5. News about the game, launch, events, etc... BUT without actual game spoilers

• Thanks 1
  • Chef's Kiss 1

2 hours ago, LowLevel said:

A question hit me, increasing the damage: what topics can we discuss in this thread?

I think there’ll be plenty to talk about. Tone, quality, difficulty, hilarity, comparisons to the rest of the franchise. All of these things could be discussed at length without getting into specifics. But as soon as i’m finished i’ll be heading straight over to the spoilery thread to talk about how elaine left guybrush for otis and how much i hate the retcon that the navigators head is actually rum rogers sr. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JacquesSparkyTail said:

how elaine left guybrush for otis and how much i hate the retcon that the navigators head is actually rum rogers sr. 

I don't feel comfortable with this development of the story. 😐

7 minutes ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

We can also discuss what we can discuss.

That's debatable.

Well, the weather for the whole area will continue much the same as the past few days. Temperatures 17 centigrade, that's 49 fahrenheit. Winds will freshen tonight to South West, force 6 or 7, and there will be showers, sometimes heavy in many-...

OH, SOD IT!

I didn't wanna do this, I don't wanna be a weather forecaster! I don't wanna rabid on all day about sunny periods and patches of rain spreading from the west!

I wanted to be... A PIRATE!!

Edited by Lagomorph01
  • Like 1

I can't believe I'll be living in a world with a Ron Gilbert approved continuation of MI2.... NEXT MONDAY! 🤯

I'm going in with measured expectations (and I've stopped reading or watching anything related to the game) but! my world will literally be different after its release: A mystery I've sat with since I was 12 will finally have (if not an outright conclusion) then certainly more pieces to the puzzle to spend the next 20 years mulling over and debating on forums.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001
  • Like 4

It's a beautiful day on Melee Island! The sun is shining and the temperature is a perfect 27 degrees Celsius. There is a gentle breeze blowing from the south-east, bringing with it the fresh smell of the ocean. The humidity is low, making it feel even nicer out. The forecast for tomorrow looks just as good. The only difference is that the wind will be coming from the north-west, so make sure to put your pirate hats on before heading outside. These are perfect conditions for pirates and monkeys alike. Pirates can enjoy a relaxed day on deck, basking in the sun and taking in the scenery while monkeys can swing from tree to tree without having to worry about getting too hot or sweaty.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, LowLevel said:

So cool! Then you just need to become an hacker so that you can play them before the official release.

What happens if the Switch isn't connected to the Internet, when the moment comes?

Can you play the game even if no Internet connection is available? 🤔

I believe the way that these things uuuusually work is that if it's locked it needs to check the internet to see if the game can be played yet. Once it is unlocked, though, you should be able to play it in offline mode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LowLevel said:

So cool! Then you just need to become an hacker so that you can play them before the official release.

Yes, you just need to jailbreak your Switch, hack whatever encryption they have on the game files, and then reverse engineer a working executable. Of course by the time you'd done that we'll all have completed the game, still..

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lagomorph01 said:

Yes. KestrelPi is correct. I tried starting it today and got the message that it needed to connect to the internet to see if I could play it… I couldn’t. 😢

That's the second shortest hacker career I've ever seen. 😐

1 hour ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

Of course by the time you'd done that we'll all have completed the game, still..

If they used a large encryption key, I'm afraid that by the time I finish doing everything, the universe would have met its heat death and I wouldn't even be able to enjoy a cup of coffee while playing.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, LowLevel said:

If they used a large encryption key, I'm afraid that by the time I finish doing everything, the universe would have met its heat death and I wouldn't even be able to enjoy a cup of coffee while playing.

You never know, you might get lucky! 

Question: Will we ever learn why Elaine had a yak in her mansion?

• Like 1
  • Wow 1