Home

Return to Monkey Island [SPOILER FREE]

ThunderPeel2001

You know, I think I'm going to reminisce by looking through the manuals for the first two games...

FcqevQhWQAAMzL5?format=jpg&name=large

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!! 🤯

Yes, the MI1 manual hints you toward sneaking in the kitchen and going to the dock to mess with the seagull. I guarantee I read it when I was younger.

If modern Let's Players are having a harder time with the seagull puzzle than we all did, it might be related to this.

FcqevQiX0AIOseK?format=jpg&name=large

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!! 🤯 
Pick up Sign; get a Shovel. I distinctly remember reading this puzzle solution, because it's the sort of puzzle I would have probably missed for a while if the manual hadn't told me.

Edited by BaronGrackle
  • Like 5

After bull-riding, peeking at the big RtMI spoiler-frizzy thread is one of the most dangerous sports ever.

From time to time I want to post something there, but then I have to be extremely careful not to read spoilers or simple revelations in subsequent replies. I have developed a method of quickly scrolling through blocks of text without trying to figure out what they say, leaving it to my mind to spot suspicious keywords and instinctively stop to "read".

So far it has worked. Unless I've memorized everything subliminally and I'll play the game with the constant feeling that I've already done it all.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LowLevel said:

After bull-riding, peeking at the big RtMI spoiler-frizzy thread is one of the most dangerous sports ever.

From time to time I want to post something there, but then I have to be extremely careful not to read spoilers or simple revelations in subsequent replies. I have developed a method of quickly scrolling through blocks of text without trying to figure out what they say, leaving it to my mind to spot suspicious keywords and instinctively stop to "read".

So far it has worked. Unless I've memorized everything subliminally and I'll play the game with the constant feeling that I've already done it all.

Same. I've skimmed through at speed and posted the odd thing, but tried to avoid reading anything! SOOOO CLOSE NOW!

15 hours ago, LowLevel said:

You’re a braver man than I’ll ever be. Just don’t fly to close to the sun…

I ask here because it is the only safe bunker I can trust. I only recently joined this forum: perhaps did you take a poll on how much you liked the art style, when the game was announced? Comparing it with opinions that have emerged in other communities would be interesting to me.

1 hour ago, BaronGrackle said:

I didn't think they would do that before Monday.

I just have an indirect feeling about all the articles and videos released this week, but it clearly points toward a substantial increase in details and spoilers, which for me is definitely too much.

I just hope that it implies that they can afford it because the remaining unrevealed content is huge.

Yeah, it's gonna feel really weird to play this game I think, but in a very good way. It's been years since I played a genuine adventure game, let alone one so tied to my life. I grew playing this series and it has lived on in ways no one could really anticipate. I know that sounds cliché to say, but I truly think that this series has become something so much more than Ron, Dave, or Tim ever expected.

Less than three days left. I'm almost sad the wait is almost over.

• Like 2

As the time of release approaches, my concerns increase a bit. Serious question: do you think the "angry mob" will have any influence on Steam reviews? The (almost completely unmoderated) Steam discussion forum is so full of trolls and people attacking each other that I can't tell how genuine their complaints are nor what the chances are of a "review bomb."

8 minutes ago, LowLevel said:

As the time of release approaches, my concerns increase a bit. Serious question: do you think the "angry mob" will have any influence on Steam reviews? The (almost completely unmoderated) Steam discussion forum is so full of trolls and people attacking each other that I can't tell how genuine their complaints are nor what the chances are of a "review bomb."

That's a good question. I don't think you can review a game on Steam without owning it, but Metacritic, etc. are open to abuse... I kind of thought the trolls would have given up by now, tired of ranting... but they still don't seem to have lives, judging from the Steam forums :(

12 minutes ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

I don't think you can review a game on Steam without owning it

Yes, but you can purchase the game, review it and ask for a refund.

While I expect some legitimate negative reviews, I have observed behaviors (including "political" ones) that don't have much to do with the controversial art style, so I wonder if some form of organized attempt to shift reviews is likely or if I'm just being paranoid. 😛

2 minutes ago, LowLevel said:

While I expect some legitimate negative reviews, I have observed behaviors (including "political" ones) that don't have much to do with the controversial art style, so I wonder if some form of organized attempt to shift reviews is likely or if I'm just being paranoid. 😛

Political? Yeesh. Time will tell, I guess... 😕 

2 hours ago, LowLevel said:

I also thought about this . I think however that your review gets deleted when you ask for a refund.

I’m more worried about Metacritic like ThunderPeel said. The website is known for review bombing, mostly since The Last of Us 2.

Edited by Joe monsters