Home

Which Monkey Island has the smallest number of monkeys?

Vainamoinen

What Monkey Island part has the smallest number of monkeys in it (count live monkey heads only)?   

30 members have voted

1. 1. I have no idea what's going on in this field, Max

• The Secret of Monkey Island
    • LeChuck's Revenge
    • Curse of Monkey Island
    • Escape from Monkey Island
    • Tales from Monkey Island

See poll question. * ** *** ****

* counted per capita / monkey head shown in the game.

** Live monkeys only. Statues and giant monkey heads do not count.

*** Original releases only. Special Editions do not count.

**** unfair hint for ze Germanz, vee are counting der ECHTE Affen (monkeys) only, not der MENSCHENaffen (apes). So no counting der LeChimp, oh von der kay? Zehr gut.

Edited by Vainamoinen

Isn‘t Secret the right answer? There‘s just the one opening the Monkey head gate, right?

in Tales, there is one on the boat at the beginning… and one in the Laboratory…

Hmmm…

Curse has probably the most Monkeys, right? Don‘t forget the ones in the theater!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marius said:

Isn‘t Secret the right answer? There‘s just the one opening the Monkey head gate, right?

Hmmm…

Curse has probably the most Monkeys, right? Don‘t forget the ones in the theater!

I think the ones in the theater are LeChimp's crew, so that would be counting them twice.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marius said:

Hmmm…

DIu0sEH.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marius said:

Hmmm…

Another one in MI1 --

https://db.scummbar.com/_monkey-island-1/galleries/screenshots/amiga/1/fullscummvm-monkey-vga-amiga-00055.png

• Like 2

Secrets got the monkey that opperates the machine and the one that opens the gate. There are 2 monkeys in the wedding dress that use the same two sprites but given the context i’m going to count them as two separate monkeys bringing the total to 4. 

revenge i think only has jojo

curse has 7 in the theatre and 6 on deck but they could be the exact same ones meaning all we can say is that there’s a minimum of 7

Escape has jojo jr, timmy the monkey, and several random monkeys that have been drawn to the island who likely bring the total up above curse but i’m not going to count.

tales has jacques the electromagnetic monkey and a large amount of off screen but plot relevant monkey but i think we only see a couple (again, i’m not going to count.) 

so my best estimate goes (from most to least) escape, curse, secret, tales, revenge. 

Edited by JacquesSparkyTail
The three headed monkey? No idea what you’re talking about. Must have missed it.
  • Like 1

Shoot, it is Revenge. Jojo, and two intro monkeys for THREE total. I can't change my answer from Secret, sadly.

Secret has Smirk's hat monkey which may be the same as Bride Monkey #1, it has the monkey on Monkey Island, the three-headed monkey, and Bride Monkey #2. That's FOUR OR FIVE monkeys, depending on whether the hat monkey appears twice.

Remember that Curse has the monkeys at Danjer Cove AND the Carnival of the Damned, visible in the background of LeChuck's monologue.

Escape has a virtually limitless supply.

Tales has several, with the subplot of LeChuck and Elaine rehoming thrm.

Edited by BaronGrackle
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

Secret has Smirk's hat monkey which may be the same as Bride Monkey #1, it has the monkey on Monkey Island, the three-headed monkey, and Bride Monkey #2. That's FOUR OR FIVE monkeys, depending on whether the hat monkey appears twice.

Yep, I think you're right except:

5 hours ago, Vainamoinen said:

counted per capita / monkey head shown in the game

So SOMI has:

Smirk's machine monkey

Giant monkey head monkey

Three-headed monkey (ie. x 3)

and Elaine's two bride monkeys

That's SEVEN.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001
  • Like 2