Home

Which Monkey Island has the smallest number of monkeys?

Vainamoinen

What Monkey Island part has the smallest number of monkeys in it (count live monkey heads only)?   

30 members have voted

1. 1. I have no idea what's going on in this field, Max

• The Secret of Monkey Island
    • LeChuck's Revenge
    • Curse of Monkey Island
    • Escape from Monkey Island
    • Tales from Monkey Island

2 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

Secret: Mêlée, Hook, and Monkey

That turned out to be a much breezier conversation. For the sake of padding it out a little here’s my full rankings.

secret - 3

curse - 4

escape 5

revenge - 5 (6 if you include the fortress)

tales - 8? There’s a lot at any rate

now maybe i’ll be wrong and people will correct me. That should get us through another 6 pages.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JacquesSparkyTail said:

That turned out to be a much breezier conversation. For the sake of padding it out a little here’s my full rankings.

secret - 3

curse - 4

escape 5

now maybe i’ll be wrong and people will correct me. That should get us through another 6 pages.

What's the fifth in Revenge? Scabb, Booty, Phatt, Dinky, and...? For the moment are we accepting CMI's take that the carnival was actually on Monkey?

Here’s a question. Which monkey travelled to the most islands? 

Did jojo 1 really end up in that wedding dress on melee?

You could carry jojo 2 around three islands in revenge but is that canon?

Jojo jr travels to melee but there’s a quick pit stop at the ultimate insult amplification tower. Is this a seperate island? It looks like it but its not really clear. 

This started out as me trying to think of the dumbest question possible but now i sort of have to know. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, JacquesSparkyTail said:

You could carry jojo 2 around three islands in revenge but is that canon?

Jojo jr travels to melee but there’s a quick pit stop at the ultimate insult amplification tower. Is this a seperate island? It looks like it but its not really clear. 

The winner will be the final monkeys that LeChuck and Elaine dropped off in Tales. They went to all those other islands to drop off other monkeys first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 12:24 AM, JacquesSparkyTail said:

secret - 3

curse - 4

escape 5

I count 6 for Escape: Mêlée, Hook, Jambalaya, Knuttin Atoll, Monkey and Lucre

• Thanks 1

I would say there are only two sensible rules here:

1) named islands only - so Hook Isle counts, Knuttin Atoll counts, but not that Booty one.

2) Visitable islands only - any location that is separated by water from the other locations, and so is reachable only by boat/bridge or similar, which would include the booty mansion (or would it? It's sort of a land-bridge right?) but still knock out the little islands that have nothing on them and you can't go to.

Edited by KestrelPi
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, KestrelPi said:

or would it? It's sort of a land-bridge right?

Maybe it gets swallowed by the water with the tides and it's only traversable in certain times of the year, like Mont Saint-Michel, in that case it should count as an island

Edited by Wally B.

2 hours ago, Thrik said:

I’m not sure tides exist in the Monkey Island universe. Shall we examine arguments for and against?

Do you mean actual tides or are we talking about the concept of tides being known within the Monkey Island universe?

Perhaps there is a book on Phatt mentioning them 🤔

Wait, this thread still going? You guys are pathetic in the best possible sense.

Just so that this is clear, no counting monkeys in Return until GOG gets the game.

As to counting islands ... folks ... why doesn't anybody listen to me?

On 9/13/2022 at 11:05 AM, Vainamoinen said:

Huge can of worms. Depending on your definition of "island", Tales could win by a landslide.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/what-makes-an-island

"In 2008, Royle writes, a nissologist—one who studies islands—named Christian Depraetere “selected a threshold of 0.1 sq km… and calculated that there are 86,732 islands at or above this size on earth.” When he reduced this threshold to .01 square kilometers, the number jumped up to around 450,000. When he brought it down still more, it rocketed to nearly 7 billion, “although there is some doubt as to the validity of his formula at this scale,” writes Royle."

If we use quantifiable measurements to determine what an island is and what is just a speck of dirt in the ocean, there's yet another problem, which is that we don't know how big these islands on the screen really are.

Unless of course we measure our islands in Guybrushs.

Edited by Vainamoinen
  • Wow 1