Home

Mojo's ReMI Interview

Udvarnoky

It was interesting hearing about how Tales was sprung on everybody. I remember Ron being very prominently credited, so it seems funny to hear how surprisingly it came about. I feel like Ron might have taken a bigger role in it, if he was given a chance. It's a shame, but that's all in the past now, so oh well.

I think its cool they were playtesting on both fans, and new players.

Dave's not under NDA! Quick, get the secret out of him!

Guybrushlbm. Catchy name. Not as much as Ifnkovhgroghprm, but they could still be mates.

I'm interested in the multiple endings. I wonder if it'll just be subtle differences based on seemingly inconsequential player choices, like MI1. I always thought that was a neat feature. It'll also be fun to see people discussing which endings they get on the first playthrough, if that's the case.

Yeah, I wondered that! I'm guessing it won't just be the latter, unless MI1 in Ron's mind also has multiple endings. (It's easy to see the minor differences in the final cutscene as the germ of this idea, though!)

As a mega completionist who wants  to see everything, part of me is hoping it's not too difficult to figure out how to change your destiny and see a different ending. But another part of me thinks it would be great if the inflection points are so opaque that the only way to do it is to have another playthrough and do everything differently. Exciting either way!

• Like 1

* Glad that that Monkey Robot thing was finally put to bed. I never believed that was the plan all along.

* Glad Craig was involved. For all that we nitpick the special editions, I always felt like he has been a strong driving force in keeping LEC's adventure game history alive.

* I wonder how different the endings are. Will it be like MI1 where there are a couple of extra/different bits, or will it make a bigger difference? I'd guess the former.

* I'm glad that the biggest spoiler or at least one of them seems to be at the beginning, because it means that almost as soon as we play it on Monday, we'll get at least some of our answers, or at least fresh questions.

• Like 1

Great stuff! Unfortunately I read it using my spoiler-safe reading method but I also had a quick look at this thread, discovering  a simil-spoiler (that is, something that I didn't want to know). 😕

It's my fault! I shouldn't have peeked!

Still, I would like to know who drew the cover image. The simil-grumpygamer style is great! 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KestrelPi said:

* I'm glad that the biggest spoiler or at least one of them seems to be at the beginning, because it means that almost as soon as we play it on Monday, we'll get at least some of our answers, or at least fresh questions.

In fact this one thing is likely to promote SO much discussion that I almost wonder if it's worth having a seperate thread for people who have played the start of ReMI but still don't want to risk spoilers for the rest of it.

"Return to Monkey Island [Spoilers but only the first bit]"

• Like 2
  • Chef's Kiss 1

The interview was great!! Peak Mojo content. And very cool of Ron to ask about the origins of Mojo. Both Ron and Dave seem like cool, down to earth guys.

Interesting to hear his perspective on how the Monkey Island cult developed. I had somehow had this idea in my head that he had desperately wanted to make Monkey Island 3a ever since leaving LucasArts -- maybe because that's what *I* hoped he would do. But it seems like he didn't realise there was such a fan demand there until after he had finished at Humongous Entertainment.

What a great, long interview. You represented the community very well, @Marius & @elTee!

I've wondered (also with all the other interviews on other websites) why there's no upload of the interview on YouTube. This would be so great!
Especially Ron, I could listen to him talk for hours - and I'm sure your reactions are nice to experience, too. 

Not posting the video was part of the terms...not that I think our interviewers cried too many tears over it.

I think the raw transcript approach works great for these things. The results remind me of the old (2004ish?) interview with Ron that Jake and Chris Remo did for Idle Thumbs (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3). It was good enough for Peter Bogdanovich and Orson Welles.

• Like 2

What a great interview! I've deliberately not been looking at trailers or screenshots beyond a cursory glance - purely to avoid ruining myself for the in-game experience - but hearing about some of the influences and guiding principles behind the artwork is an excellent alternative way to get myself salivating.

Oh, and anyone who loves Monty Python and Holy Grail and has an Amiga that still works is all right by me.

• Like 3

I want to read a last-minute interview WITH @Remi.

Remi, how are you? What are your thoughts a day before this game releases? How did you know to reserve the name decades ago? How do you feel about your future fight of Search Engine Optimization to filter specifically to you? Would you change your name of it was Michael Bolton?

Edited by Scummbuddy

17 minutes ago, Scummbuddy said:

I want to read a last-minute interview WITH @Remi.

Remi, how are you? What are your thoughts a day before this game releases? How did you know to reserve the name decades ago? How do you feel about your future fight of Search Engine Optimization to filter specifically to you? Would you change your name of it was Michael Bolton?

I never got the connection. ReMI/Remi. Huh!

• Haha 1

Rex: That's right, yeah. And she was one of the cutouts as well, at Gamescom, I think. I've seen a lot of people online talking about "him", because she's got a shaved head, you know, probably. But if you look at her, I feel like it's obvious that she's not a guy. 

omg a she/her 😳

• Like 1