Home

Mojo's ReMI Interview

Udvarnoky

Love the Rex interview. It never even occurred to me that that character might be female but it's true, it's obvious when you really look.

This interview has convinced me to take the game as slowly as I possibly can. No rushing. I want to take everything in.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Guybrush Transmasc said:

omg a she/her 😳

He's right that the bald/shaved head is why I didn't guess she was a woman... that and the resemblance to a World of Warcraft male gnome! I imagine hearing the voices will change our perspective a little, as with the short Pirate Leader on the right.

EDIT: Related, I think a lot of us in earlier days thought Wally was a literal child, possibly thanks to Curse's voice actor.

Edited by BaronGrackle
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

He's right that the bald/shaved head is why I didn't guess she was a woman... that and the resemblance to a World of Warcraft male gnome! I imagine hearing the voices will change our perspective a little, as with the short Pirate Leader on the right.

EDIT: Related, I think a lot of us in earlier days thought Wally was a literal child, possibly thanks to Curse's voice actor.

I hope she has a deep voice. I wouldn't mind any voice, but yeah.

We've heard the pirate leaders voices in one of the Monkey Island Mondays. Honestly, for the short one, it didn't really clarify anything. It's a voice that could belong to a person of any gender. Technically, every voice in the world could belong to anyone of any gender, but you know what I mean.

I never thought Wally was a child, but I also didn't play MI in any logical order my first time through the series so. I can see how people would make that mistake if CMI was their only perspective on the character.

Looking at images of the Locksmith, I realize I had thought she had a little bit of a five o'clock shadow across her face, which combined with the shaved head to make me think masculine. I saw a different color for her nose, ears, and top of the head, and there are goggles obscuring the eyes and surrounding face, that made me think the area below her nose was beard scruff.

But I hadn't zoomed in before. Zooming in, I see the jaw color is actually her skin color... the nose and mouth just have different colors to stand out, with her left ear and top of her head somewhere between them. Her right ear has her standard skin color but with earrings, which I had previously thought was the same stand out color as her left ear. Now that I realize the darker tone is her general skin color, my eyes finally notice her collar and V-neck, much I must have completely ignored earlier when interpreting the jaw as a five o'clock shadow.

Rex says, "But if you look at her, I feel like it's obvious that she's not a guy", and yeah I believe him. Again, I blame the goggles and Gnomeregan.

Edited by BaronGrackle
  • Like 1