Home

Make one serious REMI prediction

ThunderPeel2001

Let’s see who can make an accurate prediction about something we don’t know yet. 

Challenge: Make ONE prediction, and we’ll see who called it most accurately when it’s all said and done. 

My serious prediction: If there’s a common element to a Ron Gilbert game it’s a very clever structure. From MM to The Cave to TP, Ron likes to have a really strong structure. Something more than just gameplay or story. 

Even in MI he opened the game world up and allowed us to solve the three trials independently of each other, at the same time. (And then expanded this to the four map pieces in 2.)  It was a great structure that stood out and reduced player frustration. 

So my prediction is that Ron will have added a new clever structure to REMI, the likes of which we’ve not seen before in a MI title. 

What’s yours?

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

• ThunderPeel2001 changed the title to Make one serious REMI prediction

I think that regardless of how ambiguous the ending will be, the game will be designed to fit in perfectly as the "third game" of the original Gilbertian trilogy. This is despite the fact that the game will incorporate elements from chapters of the franchise subsequent to MI2, and despite the fact that it cannot possibly be the same "MI3a" game dreamed of by many fans.

My serious prediction is that the authors have found a way to make the game feel like a final third installment, in the sense that a person unfamiliar with the franchise could play only "Secret," "Revenge," and "Return" sequentially and feel them as an entire cohesive and organic story.

• Like 3

My prediction:

The carnival/child Guybrush is in SOME sense real, and the 'real' guybrush we're playing now is genuinely grown up. As is the brother thing, that's also real. It might not be quite what we imagined, but it's also not going to be 'actually nah that was all just a spell that LeChuck put on you'. The opening of the game will address this, but it'll be revisited at the end too.

Edited by KestrelPi

Captain smirk, meathook, the cannibals, the navigator head, the fettuccini brothers, largo legrande, the voodoo priest, the men of low moral fibre, kate capsize, govenor phatt, the barbary coast crew, kenny, goodsoup, i.Cheese, pegnose pete, van winslow and morgan leflay.

my prediction is that no more than 2 of these characters will appear. To be just a little more pessimistic i’ll say probably just the cannibals. 

“The Secret” will be different for every player depending on their specific in-game actions (I.e. which order puzzles were actioned in, which option players took to solve a multi-solution puzzle early on, like Fate of Atlantis, etc.) There will be a hundred or so variations of it in the final game.

We’ll all rush to this board to discuss the secret, and all be met with confusion over their secret being different, arguing with each other for weeks over what the true secret is, screaming and clamouring at Ron for answers while he looks down on us smirking… it will be glorious.

Okay, I’m only half serious about this, but I am expecting a degree of a joke for the secret’s reveal, or at least something that raises a few more questions.

• Chef's Kiss 2

2 hours ago, fentongames said:

“The Secret” will be different for every player depending on their specific in-game actions (I.e. which order puzzles were actioned in, which option players took to solve a multi-solution puzzle early on, like Fate of Atlantis, etc.) There will be a hundred or so variations of it in the final game.

We’ll all rush to this board to discuss the secret, and all be met with confusion over their secret being different, arguing with each other for weeks over what the true secret is, screaming and clamouring at Ron for answers while he looks down on us smirking… it will be glorious.

Okay, I’m only half serious about this, but I am expecting a degree of a joke for the secret’s reveal, or at least something that raises a few more questions.

Oh, multiple secrets depending on the actions, this sounds awesome!

8 hours ago, JacquesSparkyTail said:

Captain smirk, meathook, the cannibals, the navigator head, the fettuccini brothers, largo legrande, the voodoo priest, the men of low moral fibre, kate capsize, govenor phatt, the barbary coast crew, kenny, goodsoup, i.Cheese, pegnose pete, van winslow and morgan leflay.

my prediction is that no more than 2 of these characters will appear. To be just a little more pessimistic i’ll say probably just the cannibals. 

I reckon this one's a pretty nice prediction.

I'm going to say:

Captain Smirk: Nah. Dead.

Meathook: Nah. Unknown.

Cannibals: Maybe.

Navigator: Nah

Fet Bro: Naaaaah

Largo: Nope.

Voodoo Priest: More like Voodoo LEAST

Men of Low Moral Fibre: I truly hope so but something makes me think nah.

Kate: No.

Phatt: Nah.

Barbary Coast: They're Barbary Toast

Kenny: Nuh uh

Goodsoup: Nuu

Van Winslow: Van Wins-no

Morgan LeFlay: Giving this one an outside chance but I'm still calling Morgan Away.

• Haha 2

The secret is revealed in the early game, so the narrative can spend time really digging into its ramifications. Anywhere from starting the game to the beginning of the second act, is what I mean by earlygame. The secret raises a new peril, which the rest of the story focuses on resolving. There is only one secret.

This is as much of a prediction as a wishlist. I don't mind if it goes another way. I tried so hard to come up with a prediction that isn't just what I wanted to happen, and this is the closest I came. I'm also trying to go a different way than other posters so I can be either be spectacularly right or spectacularly cringe.

Also, if I'm allowed a low stakes mini-prediction: There will be a situation where Wally gets one over Guybrush, a role reversal of the dynamic they had in MI2.

• Like 1