Home

Achievements

demone

5 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

The curator feels like a swing taken at obsessive fanboys.

Nah, I don't think so. I read it as just a continuation of Guybrush not getting any recognition for his dubious exploits. (eg. "I heard LeChuck drank so much root beer he exploded.")

Edited by ThunderPeel2001
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

Nah, I don't think so. I read it as just a continuation of Guybrush not getting any recognition for his dubious exploits. (eg. "I heard LeChuck drank so much root beer he exploded.")

This is 100% how I took it. Finally someone builds a museum to Guybrush’s many exploits, but of course he gets credit for none of them (to the point that a character from a whole different pirate franchise gets credit for one of his feats).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jake said:

This is 100% how I took it. Finally someone builds a museum to Guybrush’s many exploits, but of course he gets credit for none of them (to the point that a character from a whole different pirate franchise gets credit for one of his feats).

I thought this was somewhat derivative if planet threepwood in escape tbh. I kept waiting for a joke or reference to it but it never happened. I guess it’s sort of funny that guybrush has twice visited a museum devoted to himself and no one there recognised or believed him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LowLevel said:

The total lack of attribution reminded me of Woodtick's characters, who attribute Largo's defeat to everything possible except Guybrush's actions.

Yeah, exactly:

Fink: "He must have finally got that nasty letter I wrote."
Bart: "You sure can write a mean letter, Fink."

4 hours ago, cinnamon said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to leave Cogg Island after you've visited it, or is Guybrush supposed to drown? I couldn't find an exit spot and the blowfish did not extend his air supply.

It's a one way ticket... but the autosave will take you back to where you were before.

• Thanks 1