Home

The other island (⚙️)

Jake

2 hours ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

Darn, I wish there were Mac versions of BGBennyBoy's tools

It's for .NET, so it should run on Mac too! (Either install .NET or Mono)

I've uploaded the latest build here if you need.

Edited by IllidanS4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Its under heavy development at the moment , a lot of ReMI stuff has been added. I added support for dumping the audio a few hours ago.

I'm not doing a new official release until I can think of a new name for it. Grumpy Explorer is one possibility, any other suggestions welcomed.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bennyboy said:

I think dinky is the scripting language, for ReMI the engine internally seems to be called WeirdEngine

I think in the closing credits they call the engine Dinky, so I guess they did settle on that name. 

7F5A6A5E-A539-4851-9626-26017393E4F4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Bennyboy said:

Grumpy Explorer is one possibility

I think that's a great name. Ron has developed more than one engine in the last few years, and he seems to enjoy developing and refining them, so I suggest not mentioning any of his engine names; they change.

17 hours ago, Bennyboy said:

any other suggestions welcomed.

BUTT:

Browse

Utility

for

Terrible

Toybox

Shamelessly recycled from the name I suggested years ago to Ron for his next engine. And, believe me, "BUTT" would have been a much better choice than "Dinky".

16 hours ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

naming things.

That's so true. I still remember the compression algorithm we devised with the Amiga computer nerd group when we were about eighteen years old. The name was "burp": its goal was to ingest bytes and produce as few bytes as possible, with a "burp" to represent the heavy digestion. We never got beyond the name and an audio sample.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 6:58 PM, cinnamon said:

I wonder if the concept art we get during the credits, which is randomized, is available in a higer resolution in the actual game files. I think there's a few images that show cut stuff, related to the island and otherwise.

This one particulary is bugging me, seeing how polished it is.

Is it in the game somewhere? I went diving so many times to try to find it.. Is it a submarine? spaceship? other game/pop culture reference? I don't get it...

RtMI_submarine.jpg

Edited by AltS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

There's an achievement for seeing all the diving backgrounds... this one isn't in it.

Nope if indeed it's in the game, it's a well hidden easter egg (btw there's a 5 written on the ship...we only miss a letter to make that coordinates😉) . But then again it might just be cut content or just another red herring... 

On 10/2/2022 at 3:18 PM, IllidanS4 said:

There is a StarMap0-hd image in the game files. I don't remember seeing this anywhere in the game, but it seems it might match the area at the north:

NYmS9pc.png

Lechuck mentioned in his diary that he gazed at the stars and even found the 'grog mug'! 

There might have been a puzzle involving the night sky. 

The Melee clock was mentioned in this thread, and it feels like there was a puzzle planned:

-There's a gear from the clock in the museum and a dialoge about repairing it. 

-the clock got updated with sun and moon symbols

-the same symbols are on the clock on Cogg island (as someone mentioned above), which shows the same time. 

-the map to the secret shows the Melee clock tower, but with a different time, which is very strange. 

I made myself sad, because I feel like I would have really enjoyed these kind of puzzles that might have gone deeper and screw with the reality. I imagine the 'secret' only being in place when the time is right, so changing the time on the notorious clock might have been essential have access to it.

• Like 1