Home

MI1 and 2 - who composed what?

Lechuck

I don't think that there's a list, but there are several Monkey Island podcast episodes by 'Super Marcato Bros. Video Game Music Podcast'. They talk about the music of the games, make interviews (forgot which composer was Interviewed), and they also try to find out (or at least guess) who wrote which music, iirc. 

1 hour ago, Lechuck said:

Has there ever been any documentation about who composed which tracks in the first two games (especially 2)?

For 2 a good rule of thumb is that Land composed Scabb, McConnell composed Booty and Bajakian composed Phatt. But there are probably exceptions to this and some level of collaboration on all of it.

I think I heard Largo's theme was a group effort which is plausible but it wouldn't surprise me if McConnell was the driving force behind that as it containst a lot of his fingerprints. Compare that theme for example to Swanky Maximino from Grim Fandango (which incidentally was a tune originally written from Monkey 2, which they couldn't find a use for)

• Like 2

On 10/16/2022 at 2:33 AM, KestrelPi said:

For 2 a good rule of thumb is that Land composed Scabb, McConnell composed Booty and Bajakian composed Phatt. But there are probably exceptions to this and some level of collaboration on all of it.

I think I heard Largo's theme was a group effort which is plausible but it wouldn't surprise me if McConnell was the driving force behind that as it containst a lot of his fingerprints. Compare that theme for example to Swanky Maximino from Grim Fandango (which incidentally was a tune originally written from Monkey 2, which they couldn't find a use for)

Thank you for that insight, that's terrific.