Home

[lock-on] magazine featuring Monkey Island

Sopabuena

Lock-on is a quarterly journal on video games, I think that each issue is crowdfunded and their selling point is being pretty high qualitiy, book like, collectible. 

The new issue was recently announced and it features an "in depth retrospective on the history of the first Monkey Island with interviews with the creators and talent behind the legendary series"

Seems pretty interesting, with really cool art by Stephen Graham

It can be backed here: https://www.lostincult.co.uk/

PS: There was an article on Grim Fandango too, on previous issue that I missed

null

image.jpeg

• Like 2

That's some nice looking art, and I about to crowd-fund the project on the basis of that tweet, but the actual cover of this issue is apparently devoted to a gory horror title and I can barely stomach looking at it. Seems like a cool publication overall, but I'm going to have to pass on the basis of my own personal squeamishness.

20 hours ago, Aro-tron said:

That's some nice looking art, and I about to crowd-fund the project on the basis of that tweet, but the actual cover of this issue is apparently devoted to a gory horror title and I can barely stomach looking at it. Seems like a cool publication overall, but I'm going to have to pass on the basis of my own personal squeamishness.

Yes, it's a dual cover featuring Scorn, a game influenced by HR Giger's art, that I find unsettling too. And I don't think the game was that well reviewed either. On the other side, you get The Last of Us, which I don't personally care much about.

The publisher, Lost in Cult, has some art book too. The recently announced a Sable art book that looks amazing. Perhaps we get something similar for Monkey Island some day. I think that the book included in the Monkey Island Anthology was a missed opportunity