Home

Sam And Max Hit The Road - Limited Run physical release

TimeGentleman

It looks really good. It is what fans have been asking for: an almost identical release to the original one, with some goodies. I wonder if @Laserschwert has been involved in this.

It's courious that this is a re-release from a 30 year old game that has not been remastered or upgraded since then. Perhaps we can see more LucasArts classics in the future?

PS: I would've been totally fine with fewer extras and a more friendly price

47 minutes ago, Sopabuena said:

It looks really good. It is what fans have been asking for: an almost identical release to the original one, with some goodies. I wonder if @Laserschwert has been involved in this.

Really happy to hear this, as it’s been my goal with this release: Make a “lost collectors edition” that could have come out alongside the original game, where the classic size game box is packed as full as it can possibly be with extra features.

Laserschwert has been helping out with a bunch of very welcome asset cleanup. The design for this edition was done by me and Steve Purcell, with some assistance from the team at Limited Run (for example they are chasing down a vendor for the World of Fish fridge magnet).

It's courious that this is a re-release from a 30 year old game that has not been remastered or upgraded since then. Perhaps we can see more LucasArts classics in the future?

I don’t know anything about other releases, but I’m glad they didn’t let a lack of special edition get in the way of this release happening. (They have similarly released purely classic Star Wars games so I’d guess the lack of a remaster will stand in the way of future releases if they happen, but who knows.)

PS: I would've been totally fine with fewer extras and a more friendly price

For what it’s worth, this balance is almost impossible to calibrate but I’m glad people seem happy with this spread!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

What he says.

I'm glad that Jake got to be involved in this one as well, as the added case file and the overall design will have this fit nicely next to the S&M Remastered big boxes.

I’m glad the games will be a little tiny bit more unified as a result of this, but HTR still gets the extra juice with a bunch of little pieces of new art from Steve, and the behind the scenes stuff in the art book. (All of which I’m glad about.)

16 hours ago, Jake said:

Really happy to hear this, as it’s been my goal with this release: Make a “lost collectors edition” that could have come out alongside the original game, where the classic size game box is packed as full as it can possibly be with extra features.

Really glad you are involved @Jake

I really like the LucasFilm Games logo with the LucasArts style beige background

I also missed that the hint book was also part art book, so yeah, the pricing is fair!

• Like 1

@Jake and @Laserschwert Can and are you allowed to tell if you are involved in any similar future projects with Limited Run that we may be starting putting some money on the side? Maybe for Zak McKracken or Maniac Mansion? Or even the Indy games Last Crusade or Fate of Atlantis? Both would be great addition to the upcoming Indy 5 movie I presume.

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2023 at 12:30 PM, MichaelSon said:

@Jake and @Laserschwert Can and are you allowed to tell if you are involved in any similar future projects with Limited Run that we may be starting putting some money on the side? Maybe for Zak McKracken or Maniac Mansion? Or even the Indy games Last Crusade or Fate of Atlantis? Both would be great addition to the upcoming Indy 5 movie I presume.

It wouldn' surprise me if Craig Derrick was trying to get a Maniac Mansion remaster off the ground after the success of Return to Monkey Island. He's always been quite vocal about wanting to ressurect that IP. I'd like to think that the rest of the non-talkies will get their moment in the sun with modern updates and voice-overs before they get their boxed editions. That's the dream I guess haha.

On 1/1/2023 at 9:17 PM, OzzieMonkey said:

It wouldn' surprise me if Craig Derrick was trying to get a Maniac Mansion remaster off the ground after the success of Return to Monkey Island. He's always been quite vocal about wanting to ressurect that IP. I'd like to think that the rest of the non-talkies will get their moment in the sun with modern updates and voice-overs before they get their boxed editions. That's the dream I guess haha.

Ron has also expressed (perhaps jokingly) in re-doing Maniac Mansion. Kind of like an Evil Dead / Evil Dead 2 situation. I'd be happy as a clam if they waited and the new version of Maniac Mansion got a collector's edition release that includes both games.

At the same time, a proper re-release of the original game as it is would be very nice...

On 1/1/2023 at 2:30 AM, MichaelSon said:

I might be a little late for this, but sure, I can tell you that they are also releasing LOOM. 😉

Of course, I couldn't tell you if anything else was in the works, but I CAN tell you that right know I don't know if anything else is in the works.