Home

LOOM Collector's Edition from Limited Run Games

Udvarnoky

Realistically I don't think this is gonna affect anything - people buying this are Loom superfans, while a new Loom game would target a broader audience of adventure game players. Still have hopes that the success of RtMI will lead to Lucasfilm investing in further adventure games.

Edited by Alexandra IDV
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2023 at 1:59 PM, Laserschwert said:

It's not. It will be on the USB drive, though. The disc will be the VGA version, as it is available on GOG.com

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1611094445293817894?s=20

I read a post on Mastodon from someone who had received his copy, but it seems to indicate that only the VGA talkie version was included on the USB drive. I hope that's incorrect because even I, who didn't buy the thing, would find that pretty disappointing.

It's strange to me that something Limited Run announced a year ago is already being received, while Sam and Max This Time It's Virtual, ordered May 26th 2022, is still nowhere to be found. I've got 3 things in pre-order there, and still not a word about it.

This time it’s virtual has shipped to most people as I understand it. 

Hit the Road is held up though as I am designing it and have been record-breaking slow at finalizing deliverables. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

@Jake, I am ecstatic that you are involved with that one and that someone was smart enough to let you.

I also have received my Loom LR edition but I haven't opened it up yet so I can't confirm the included versions but I don't have a reason to doubt it either.

And I also have received my "This Time It's Virtual" box but have also had already-released items held up because I had lots in my one order.

@Lagomorph01 can you check if you have other items with that specific order?

Limited Run Games started an initiative recently to allow users to have half-orders shipped separately but you have to make that effort with their shipping distributor.

Edited by Scummbuddy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Scummbuddy said:

@Jake, I am ecstatic that you are involved with that one and that someone was smart enough to let you.

I also have received my Loom LR edition but I haven't opened it up yet so I can't confirm the included versions but I don't have a reason to doubt it either.

And I also have received my "This Time It's Virtual" box but have also had already-released items held up because I had lots in my one order.

@Lagomorph01 can you check if you have other items with that specific order?

Limited Run Games started an initiative recently to allow users to have half-orders shipped separately but you have to make that effort with their shipping distributor.

I didn't order anything else when I ordered This Time It's Virtual. However I do have Grim Fandango and Return to Monkey Island pre-ordered as well. The order status still says "In Production" for all three of them.

I wrote a whole bunch below but then found this direct link, which I suggest you use now and get a quick update.

LRG and Purple Dot - Update/Shipping Lookup

If you don't get the shipping info that you expect, I'd say reach out with the link I wrote further down.

------

I suggest you reach out to the "Purple Dot" group, as mentioned on their new shipping initiative FAQ.

LimitedRunGames and Purple Dot shipping

From the FAQ: "You are even free to reach out to them directly for an independent update on your pre-order."

---

Good luck!!

Edited by Scummbuddy
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Torbjörn Andersson said:

I read a post on Mastodon from someone who had received his copy, but it seems to indicate that only the VGA talkie version was included on the USB drive. I hope that's incorrect because even I, who didn't buy the thing, would find that pretty disappointing.

Well, that's a real shame, then. I helped out collecting pretty much every version available (including all foreign language versions), all foreign versions of the audio drama, and cleaned up tons of brand-new scans of the "Book of Patterns", the game's manual and the hint book (each one in several different languages - my guess would be, all the ones that were released).

Looks like I'll just dump all those documents (minus the game, obviously) on archive.org, or something. If Mojo wants to host them, I'll happily provide them.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

The Mojo Archive Team is never in the business of turning down donations.

I'd like to get some certainty on the USB stick in fact lacking the EGA build. Anybody here got their hands on one so we don't have to rely on second hand claims?

6 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

Haven't gotten mine yet. By the way, am I the only one who can't send private messages on this forum anymore? Always throws a 403 error.

It isn’t a full message quota is it?

7 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

Haven't gotten mine yet. By the way, am I the only one who can't send private messages on this forum anymore? Always throws a 403 error.

I have a suspicion that your messages are maxed out. But I don't want to suggest deleting them all in case I'm wrong (also it seems better to increase the limit than force you to lose those old messages). Hopefully Z finds a solution soon! 

21 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

Try now -- I increased the limit to "unlimited."

• Chef's Kiss 1