Home

Nov PC Gamer

Guest Hannibal

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the "sticky canister" idea Krayt Tion, this actually keeps with the description of the flechette launcher (not that Raven have to, but it would be nice to see). It says that there are several type of munition canister, each with different effect, I think for JK2 purposes two seperate types is enough. Feel free to aurgue this though.

Obviously if it sticks to a wall it can only fire backwards/diagonal, but the actual range of degree's is debatable because we dont know how much damage it would do. If weak it may be a very wide range, but if strong it would be a narrower range. I would tend for the former because primary attack would probably be strong.

With your "operation" on the idea, the "stick" ability would render your worries of its uncommon situations null as it would be useful in many situations while still retaining trategic use.

Guest Krayt Tion

You're right, the higher the concentration of flechettes in any given area the more damage you will do. The more they spread out the fewer will hit a given area, for less damage.

Don't forget, in keeping with your original impact idea off of people, that the sticky canisters could attach to people. :eek: And if this were almost any other bloody FPS game, the flechettes could continue right out the other side of the target provided they had enough force, still shooting in all directions.

Now I'm imagining a situation where someone fires a sticky canister a another player, and that player turns and points the canister (now attached to his body) in the shooters direction. The victim takes some explosive damage but the shhoter gets a face of flechette's, his own to boot!

On that note if they stuck to players, it would be nice to have a little directional thing in the top corner so you know where it stuck so you have a chance of facing someone, I doubt this would come up often but when it did it would be nice to "return to sender".

blasters aren't actually *lasers* they are generated by some sort chemical reaction(using tibanna gas) (see star wars techincal guide or whatever its called)

its just carry over names.. ie, the blaster rifle doesn't actually have sprial grooves in the barrel; its just a cultural carry over name

from what i have read (and can remimber) tibanna gas is used to exponently raise the power of the blast... i believe that this also raises the temp, so it is only useful in large platform weapons with cooling systems, i.e. the turbolasers on capital ships... i believe i read this in the technical journals...

• 1 month later...

Anyone realise it could be a Fletchette pistol, instead of a big launcher? now, i havnt read any of the rest of the site, (a firend linked me to this thread), so i could be wrong, but i dont think they ever specified weather it was a launcher or a pistol. if it was a pistol, then it'd just shoot singular blades (im pretty sure, lost my book of technology), instead of exploding things that shot out lotsa blades.. but whatever.. just my 2 credits

Archived