Home

What will we do first??

CaptainRAVE

Lying back in bed i was thinking, what will I do first after I buy JK2?? Read the manual, play the game, admire the box, or post on here.

Well i can assure everyone i wont be posting on here for the first 2 weeks :). I'll play the game for 1 day to get the hang of it. Read the manual while having dinner, if i have time for dinner (when i got starcraft it was a straight 7am to 12pm without a break) and then start the game properly the next day. Then once completed, i'll complete it another 30 times until i cant stand having it on my hard disk :)

[ September 19, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainRAVE ]

I've been thinking about this. This is the first time Ive had to wait for anything like this before. JK was out for about 3 years before I got it!

Go into town. read manual on way back. shove it on PC asap. Continue reading while loading.

Go into it head first running around using force push and swinging the saber like a raving lunatic while playing the Star Wars theme REALLY loud (ensuring mum is out first in case she thinks I'm some sort of nerd :) )

I cant really say what I'll do. I doubt I will post straight away as there will be about 3 zillion posts.

wardz

Guest Krayt Tion

I will go to the store, pick up the box in my hot little hands, immediately note the cover art and disregard the price, flip over the back to look at screenshots and get my first 100% confirmed idea of what to expect in the game, including enemies, weapons, modes, and possibly more background info. Look at the box some more while in checkout, and fast walk to the nearest form of transportion after it is bought.

Open the box on the way home from the store noting the CD cover art and reading as much as the manual as I can for more details on story, weapons, enemies, while looking for other surprises in the manual and anything that in the requirements that might give me installation or executing problems.

Arrive home, computer already booted, make a mental note of how I will think it will run as I pick installation settings, watch the pretty pictures displayed as I make installation progress (if there are any), never leaving my chair during the install. The game is ready, dim the lights, start her up, Game On Wayne.

Thus is the tradition for the most anticipated of anticipated games, which this would be. It was like that for Jedi Knight and to a lesser extent Dark Forces.

Play until sleep forces me down. Get up, depending on the day maybe call in sick for work and probably play most of the day. I'll be too busy playing the game to post much at all, if any, just stopping by the forums once or twice to make sure no one is spamming. Although, I might convince some poor soul to fill in for me while I am gaming :D

I'll order it online, wait for it to land on the doormat, rip the packaging off, get the box open and slap the CD in the drive. I'll probably scan some of the blurb while it installs - then it's straight into the game.

I like to experiment, so I'll probably ignore the manual completely. If JK is anything to go by, I'll spend the next 16+ hours totally immersed. A few overnight (12+ hours) gaming sessions cannot be ruled out. :D

Yeah. I hope it comes out on a Friday. My friend and I have been waiting for it since we first heard news (which was I think in the first week it was announced). With any luck, he can just spend the night here, we will play until the wee hours or Saturday morning, and then talk about it the rest of the time. But I was thinking about this the other day. Are all of you going to complete the SP game before you explore MP? I probably will, because if I play JK now I still play SP more than MP even though I've beaten it more times than I have kilobytes of hard drive space.

Guest Hannibal

What's JK2? ;)

j/k

Yeah, I'll probably skim through the manual while it's installing. Oh yeah, I'll be scanning the box on the way home from the store. Then I'll put the box in a safe deposit box and hide the key in a place no one will ever look (the trash). Then I'll play the game till I lose my job and flunk out of school. This game will ruin my life. Looking forward to it. :D

I'll probably skip school to start off, and then call my local EB once about every 30 minutes until they get it in. Scratch that, I'll just wait outside the store until they get it in. But the closest one to me and drive home like a madman, reading the manual as I drive. Run to the computer, ripping open the cd case as I approach it, jam it in my slot loading DVD ROM, wait for auto play to pop up, race through the license and junk, making an ew personal time record most likely. While it's installing, I'll a)pray that it works, b)watch the purty pictures, and c)read the manual more.

Then the fun begins.

first thing?

read the manual..... and smell it..... i love that fresh manual smell :) speaking of manuals, i hope its coloured. i always appreciate a coloured manual. its by no means necessary, but i always liked it.

what i do after that really depends on stuff..... like where we'll be playing it online, and if we'll have to register usernames, clan tags etc (ala tribes2 style).

ill probably first go into bot game, get used to some weapons. play that for a while. then ill jump on the net and play it there for maybe a day. then do single player from start to finish..... then once ive done that, back onto MP.....

Manual?? What is that?? :D

I hardly ever read the manual i just shove that cd in there and start playing.

So far there hasnt been a game that i havent been able to figure out in....oh say 5 minutes maybe 15.

And that includes BG2...i really dont know why so many people find it such a hard game to learn.

Ofcourse after playing an hour or 2 á 3 then i stop and take the time to read the manual.

silly i know...but thats just the way i am. :p;):D

Guest Krayt Tion

In defense of the manual readers, it's not about needing to learn the controls of figure the game out, it's about soaking up as much of the JK2 Universe as possible. All the things in the manual are a reflection of that universe, and if I'm stuck in a the car anyways, there is nothing I would rather be doing.

I think it would be cool if they put the game in a decorative amray case (with manual inside of course). ; )

I would much rather buy a game in one of those rather than buy this huge box with a tiny jewel case (which I throw out anyway) inside. Though boxes look cool.. for display purposes.

Kurgan

Guest Krayt Tion

Sometimes I keep the boxes I like, I still have the JK and MotS boxes in pristine condition. My Dark Forces box I still have but it is way banged up unfortunately.

Ill be sitting here reading all of your opinions while i have to wait at least another week b4 it is released over here, i will get so excited then upset, that everyone else is having soo much fun,(just like black and white) then i will swim over to america, pick up a copy and swim back down-under (place orders a week b4 i go guys 8-) but otherwise, just wait and try not to read any reviews which will give cool surprises away.. speaking of which when the game comes out peeps shpuld warn in their message if they are gonna give something away (like in b&w forums) so poor fools like me waiting for the game dont accidentally read them.. do you guys agree? :cool:

Well, I'll probably walk to the store, see it sitting on the shelf and admire it closely, but I don't have enough money to buy it, so I have to come another time. Perhaps I'll then trade some of my older games in on it: that way I get it cheaper and same time get rid of the games that I don't want to keep. Then I run to the bus smiling like a madman and when I finally get home, I go straight to my room, boot the computer and while waiting for Windows(probably Windows XP then) to start up, glimpse the manual, put cd to its tray and install it(now reading manual more closely). When setup is all finished, I'll launch the game, but I don't start playing it before I have binded all the correct keys in the control menu... Then it all begins! Oh Joy! :D

[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: Lord_FinnSon ]

First thing I'm gonna do is take off my pants. Yes. That's right, I am going to TAKE OFF MY PANTS. Then I'm going to pop it out. The game that is. I'm poppin it outta it's box. Then I'm chubbin' it right into the disc drive. Then I'm gonna rub my hands ALL over... the keyboard and whack... some ass... Stormtrooper ass that is. :D

this what i will do:

1. go to store find the game and scream "it's here" and act like a luntitic.

2. on way homw from store be telling my mum about the game and she won't even know what im talking about.

3. run into my mums room (that's where she keeps the computer) install the game.

4. while the game is installing read the manuel.

5. after it is installed i play game.

6. quit game look for cheat codes.

7.dinner time read the manuel again and talk to my mum some more about it

and that's how it will be

Im with you gonk dude, im VERY seriously considering, trying to get a credit card.. might try it out on a purchse like a g-force 3 and a new screen, see how the card goes.. might be my november christmas present to me :-) so i know how to use it and have tried it by the time jk2 comes.. damm gonna have to save like a bastard now though... :mad:

First thing I'm gonna do is take off my pants. Yes. That's right, I am going to TAKE OFF MY PANTS. Then I'm going to pop it out. The game that is. I'm poppin it outta it's box. Then I'm chubbin' it right into the disc drive. Then I'm gonna rub my hands ALL over... the keyboard and whack... some ass... Stormtrooper ass that is.

I am very VERY afraid

Kurgan

Guest Home_Sliced

Purchase game.

Open box and remove manual.

Turn to end of the legal jargon section.

Read that it will be legal to make add-ons.

Spend the next 10 minutes rejoicing.

Install game and play SP campaign.

First thing I'm gonna do is take off my pants. Yes. That's right, I am going to TAKE OFF MY PANTS. Then I'm going to pop it out. The game that is. I'm poppin it outta it's box. Then I'm chubbin' it right into the disc drive. Then I'm gonna rub my hands ALL over... the keyboard and whack... some ass... Stormtrooper ass that is. :D

Sounds like a good idea, I think I'll try that

[ Signature just not quite appropriate, sorry... - ed.]

[ September 23, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Archived