Home

What maps from JK1 would you want remade?

Astrakhan

Most of the multiplayer maps from Jedi Knight were disappointing. Canyon Oasis was one that definitely got played A LOT though. It would be cool to see something like a Canyon Oasis 2. I definitely wouldn't want to see the same map, but an expanded version with some similar elements from the original would be great.

My favorites levels from Jedi Knight deathmatch were in this order:

Blades of Death (best)

Nar Shaddaa Loading Terminal

Bespin Mining Station

Valley of the Jedi Tower

Canyon Oasis

Battleground Jedi (least)

BGJ and VOTJ are forgivable because they are saber levels, but still... Canyon Oasis was simple, and fun, but I enjoyed it a lot less than the others.

CTF Maps ranking (just because I feel like it):

Challenge At Nar Shaddaa

Arena of Dark and Light

The Duel

They are all pretty good, although "The Duel" is pretty small.

The last thing JK2 needs is a "Canyon Oasis" expansion (we already have a billion of those in the JK editing community). If it was simply a copy of the level in JK2 that would be fine, but I'm sick of levels that try to "expand" on it, but end up throwing off the balance and ruining the "feel" of the level (which just about all of the mods I've seen have done, or else they just change the textures... yeah great idea there).

Kurgan

[ September 28, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

BoD!?!I found that very very dull.

ff you could control the surges and then destruction combo people as they came out of the doors. It was really constrictive because all the action had to pass through one room, that room had lots of ammo, was close to some health/shields, and had 2 surges in.

loading terminal was ok, it just was kinda dull for flow, it didnt have any real gameplay bugs..

Bespin wasn't imho at all fun. its just too tight, its the worst possible ff level due to its total and utter lack of anything that really needs jks extended dynamics

Oasis, is very simple, but its also very open, and has rapid elevation changes which works nicely with force jump, it can be spanned quickly as well using strafe jumps.. its just nice and quick.. and really really works with the force, nf its lame tho.

VotjT was imho a campers paradise.. you can snatch the ss and your surge with ease, making yourself invulnerable, as long as you stay in a door well and away from drops.

BGJ tho I don't like much either, its too small..

my list would be

Oasis

Nar

BGJ

Bespin (its atleast half decent with nf..)

BoD-Votjt baaaaad levels.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with the whole new content thing. I too would rather see Raven concentrate their efforts on never-before-seen stuff than conversions of older work. My original post was made under the impression that we were all talking about what maps and MOD packs we'd like to see the community make. :)

Regardless of what people want to see, you'll probably be seeing every JK DM map ported to JK2 and maybe a few of the JK CTF maps as well. I don't see this as anything but positive. JK had some great maps and I don't see anything wrong with trying to have fun in your favorite old maps from JK in JK2.

Mesa Order:

The Challenge At Nar Shaddaa - NF

Bespin Mining Station - NF

Canyon Oasis - NF or FF

Blades of Death - NF

Nar Shaddaa Loading Terminal - NF or FF

Arena of Dark and Light - NF

Valley of The Jedi Tower - NF or FF

Battleground Jedi - NF or FF

The Duel - NF

Although I love NF and FF, I would have to say that I enjoy playing most of the levels in NF and think that the majority of levels were horrible in FF.

The only levels that I think worked excellent in both NF and FF were Canyon Oasis, Valley of The Jedi Tower and Battleground Jedi.

You just don't get the full effect of the Force when you play enclosed levels. With the larger, open levels, you can take the Force to a level where you can't in any of the other levels.

They are all pretty good, although "The Duel" is pretty small.

I never could stand that map, although it was good for beginners to learn with. I think the hidden elevator room ruined it for me.

BoD!?!I found that very very dull.

You found it dull, because you actually played it using Force. ;)

Bespin wasn't imho at all fun.

Because you actually played it using Force. ;)

Oasis, is very simple, but its also very open, and has rapid elevation changes which works nicely with force jump, it can be spanned quickly as well using strafe jumps.. its just nice and quick.. and really really works with the force, nf its lame tho.

I think it's the only good gun map that worked excellent with NF and FF. It's not fun in NF if you're playing with these new-schoolers though, with their leave packs and other pansy stuff. DeathBolt knows how Oasis is meant to play. ;)

VotjT was imho a campers paradise.. you can snatch the ss and your surge with ease, making yourself invulnerable, as long as you stay in a door well and away from drops.

Agreed. Although that doesn't matter much in NF, it mattered a great deal in FF. I love the secret FF jumps in that map though.

BGJ tho I don't like much either, its too small..

I've always seen BGJ as the perfect FF map. It took FF to a new level. There are hundreds of advanced jumps and easily has the best verticle movement of any map(in FF).

I'm looking for options with this game. Hopefully everyone else will come around and sing this tune soon also. Throwing the JK maps into JK2 wouldn't take too much effort, if Raven doesn't do it, hopefully someone else will.

I have played all the levels nf and ff.. nf itself I don't like, seeing it has nothing that makes it worth playing imho, ff is just much better, and so playing nf when you could play ff is just a mystery to me. (well nf guns, I can see the point in nf sabres..)

As for levels, nf or ff bespin and bod aren't in anyway great in terms of gameplay imho.

the maps dont flow too well, they have focal areas that you can't avoid, stupid little rooms that are death traps that you have to go through for normal movement. there are much better No Fun^Wforce maps made by the community, or in Q3/UT/other nf games.. which are on a whole much better then nf jk.

BGJ I can see why people like it for ff, I just never liked it as much as Oasis.

Archived