Home

Demo ?

Bartolo_JCS

Member numbers dont mean anything :) its when you registered that counts!

long live the may-ers!

For the demo, I wouldnt mind seeing a stand alone single player map, perhaps even just an addition of the one they showed at e3 so they dont have to go to too much trouble, and can focus their time on the full game.

But I think 1 MP map is a bit little. Seeing as saber battles are going to be so much more a part of JK2, I'd be thinking they would include a sabers only map, and a map suitable for sabers and gun play. 2 or 3 skins should do it, but I'd make all saber colours available so people can experiment in anticipation.

What would you guys prefer, and think would suit the game better?

A stand alone demo SP mission (ala HalfLife)

or

A full-version-included SP mission (ala JK)

As much as I loved mission 6 in JediKnight, which was one of my favourite ones..... I still think deep down I'd prefer to see Raven make something special for the demo, if they have time. But that's just my opinion.

Raven should choose the level that allows you to experiment the most, and more importantly is a lot of fun. One SP and one MP, bots available.

We need both SP and MP to see how good the AI is. The SP level shouldn't include a Jedi, only blaster or hand to ahnd enemies and the like. We would get to see how good he stormtroopers are, and how well their armour holds up.

MP should be saber only, so as we can experience the duelling extravaganza promised.

I would also like to see a demo with at least an SP level that does not feature in the finished game. I liked this about Half-Life's demo - it showed off the features and some of the enemies, but didn't give anything away from the full SP experience. When I played JK and came to the fueling station level, I already knew what to expect from it, so it was not quite as enjoyable in the context of the full game.

I'm not sure it matters as much with MP levels - a couple of actual levels from the game would get everyone up to speed on at least a couple of maps in readiness for some true frag-fests when the full game ships. A practice bot for MP would be nice in the demo too, for all us 56kers with serious lag issues. ;-)

Of course, I think they should focus all of their attention on the full game at the moment, and only release a demo just before actual release of the full game. I think we've given enough feedback in these forums for the people at Raven to chew on already. :D

Guest Kurgan

I agree there. Rather than a test or a "given away" actual episode portion of the game, a nice demo level that demonstrates some of the key elements from the game to give you an idea what to expect and make a decision if it's the game for you like Half Life's "UpLink" would be awesome.

Now as far as multiplayer is concerned, a scaled back version of an existing multiplayer map would be nice to gauge the multiplayer aspect, like with Unreal Tournament.

Kurgan

Guest Vagabond

Well, ya, you probably won't find many people who say, "Nah, demos...who needs em" ;) Of course, a demo of JKII would be great...both SP and MP. I just hope, if they release a demo, it's not as crippled as the Battlegrounds demo.

I hope like heck they do release a demo so that Raven can get some feed back on how things are going

I just hope its not disapointing like the GB one

A multi map would be good, because i downloaded the AVPII demo and finished it in no longer then 10 mins but it did give off a good impression of how things will be

The single player should be there just to let us see the AI and what features their gonna throw in.

Originally posted by Kurgan:

<STRONG>I agree there. Rather than a test or a "given away" actual episode portion of the game, a nice demo level that demonstrates some of the key elements from the game to give you an idea what to expect and make a decision if it's the game for you like Half Life's "UpLink" would be awesome.

Kurgan</STRONG>

yes half-life uplink demo was cool. they should make something like that for JK2. maybe u could play someone else (not kyle...maybe mara jade, why cause she hott!! LOL)in a 'uplink" type demo

Thats a good point...... play as someone else in the demo.

You could play as an aspiring jedi, seeking out the hermit kyle.... But just as you get to his cave you see him run off, and you have to follow him. It would give you a taste of saber combat, and some gunplay, perhaps even some puzzles. Kyle could appear in various scenes but you never quite catch him....

Leaving the player wanting more, causing them to buy the game :)

hrmmmmmmm

Good idea.... I'll pay that.

Or you could play Luke Skywalker on his way to warn Kyle of the new Dark Jedi/Sith threat and to give him your lightsaber, just like LucasArts mentioned in their press release. It would be quite cool to play Luke and you could go to some classic film locations not in JK2, maybe Tatooine, Hoth, Coruscant etc.

Archived