Home

Jedi Knight Vs. Jedi Knight II Multiplayer Capability

slave01

I was just wondering if the multiplayer will be as fast paced and masterful as in the original Jedi Knight. I've played JK for years, and it is by far the best damn game ever created (sp and mp). I just hope that the next one does it justice in terms of physical game play. :rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jedi Master*:

<STRONG>I was just wondering if the multiplayer will be as fast paced and masterful as in the original Jedi Knight. I've played JK for years, and it is by far the best damn game ever created (sp and mp). I just hope that the next one does it justice in terms of physical game play. :rolleyes:</STRONG>

HAVE you PLAYED any other games other than jediknight? I seriously suggest you PLAY a couple games, before declaring jk the best damn game ever.. I mean it was cool to actually be able to use 3rd person and 1st person and wield the saber, BUT the netcode sucked, sabers sucked, and it wasnt very well balanced. Basically, you run, get the conc kill everyone and backpeddle superfast, that isnt very balanced. Im praying that raven will make jk2 as diffrent from jk as possible!!!! Also, i dont mind the game being fast paced (in terms of the weapons being very damaging, IE 1 swing saber kill or close to that amount of damage), and all but i DONT wanna see people being able to backpeddle as fast as forward.

"HAVE you PLAYED any other games other than jediknight?"

Yep

" I seriously suggest you PLAY a couple games, before declaring jk the best damn game ever.."

I did

" I mean it was cool to actually be able to use 3rd person and 1st person and wield the saber,"

that wasn't even the start of what made jk good.

" BUT the netcode sucked"

Yep

", sabers sucked,"

partially

" and it wasnt very well balanced. Basically, you run, get the conc kill everyone and backpeddle superfast, that isnt very balanced."

nope

" Im praying that raven will make jk2 as diffrent from jk as possible!!!! "

yep

"Also, i dont mind the game being fast paced (in terms of the weapons being very damaging, IE 1 swing saber kill or close to that amount of damage)"

jk wasn't actually like that, killing people actually took more then a single shot, kills actually required the combination of skills, stopping them being able to regain health/shields by controlling items, and doing as much damage as you could in the breif encounters.

a person after all had 100+5*30 = 250 health, and 200 shields..

", and all but i DONT wanna see people being able to backpeddle as fast as forward."

I do.

As long as they put some great bots in for some intense offline MP saber battles, I'll be happy.

It looks like the scale of the levels is going to be there, so I guess it's a matter of item placement and carefully considering the use of the Force.

Let's just say, I don't think JK2's MP capability will be worse than JK's. It will more likely be better.

LOL [TAP] RR, yes i have played many games, including cs, halflife, all the Rainbow six games, dark forces, AvP, XvT, and many others. Yes Jk had some faults, but for its time it was the shiznit, and unsuprisingly, it beats most of the crap that is coming out these days...Counter strike is the most popular mp game to date, but i would much rather play JK than cs ANYDAY,(but i am behind a firewall :mad: ! I loved JK so much because it wasnt just a game you could play, it was a damn art. You talk about the guns in JK, well if u know anything about JK, you know that there are FF guns, NF guns, FF sabers, and NF sabers. JK was similar to many games in the guns aspect, but not ONE, not a SINGLE SOLITARY game comes close to the FF sabers action in JK. Thats all i really played, and if u played as much as i did, you would know that after a while it becomes and art. I spend 95% of my time playing JK, runnin mach 2, and force jumping across the levels, and choping people in half with my saber in mid air. Sh*t, you can kill people in a fraction of a second, and dissaper from sight in the other 9/10. Name one game that even matches that sh@t. The amount of skill and practice it takes to perfect that, and become masterful at it, is what makes JK top notch over anything. I just hope raven doesnt screw it up! Oh, and anyone who thinks jk sucked, is either on crack, or has some king of psychological irregularity, as a result of a screwed up child hood...

I still prefer a good game of ff guns to ff sabres..

Anyway what I've learnt is lots of more casual gamers don't like jk, it requires effort to actually play well, and when they come up against a decent player they usually seem to go, f*** this and go and play something easier.

I bought my JK on the first day of relase.

I just uninstlled it 2 times...an onyl to change the Pc ( a better machine).

It is the most poverfull game ever was made for gamers...

A fast and blistering MP...

and a never get bording SP...

Outstanding level desing ( sure today you will find better.)

But in the past ...one of the best ever made for games.

So you see that JKO have a lot of facts to master...to become accepted by the community.... :rolleyes:

:p

Jedi Knight was a the best game AT ONE POINT! but now there are far better games out now- i've play over 100 games and Jedi Knight is NOT the best.

have you tryed

-Diablo 2

-Deus Ex

-Operation Flashpoint

these are far better than Jedi Knight

Diablo 2 - excellent single player for many. Multiplayer lacks to most people i know. And imo, its just a diablo clone. i played diablo, and i didnt mind it. it was a good game for its time. I felt diablo 2's gameplay was just like diablo all over again, and the graphics seemed to be a bit dated.

Dues ex - same case. astounding SP. but MP was just a shoddy patch addon and it was well structured. deus ex was not a good MP game. As good as deus ex was (and imo it was damn good)...... i wasnt fully satisfied afterwards, even after getting through most of it in realistic mode. a lot of people, like me, really thrive on a good multiplayer fragfest now and then

cant say anything about OFP. havent had a chance to play it, but what i will say is that JK had excellent single player and fast paced addictive MP action.

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: GonkH8er ]

OFP is not bad, its just a real army sim again, but a good one.

I haven't played its mp as yet tho.

JKs got the best non planar game dynamics of any fps, only AvP comes close, when playing as an alien.

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: KillerBee ]

Diablo 2? I wouldnt waste my time or my money and that code. Dues i have seen never played, and i have never heard of the other one u mentioned. And it depends on what aspect of JK you guys are talking about when you say there are better games. If you are talking about graphics...Obviously, there are better games, that is a product of the newer game being developed with newer technology. But come on guys, be realistic, JK is 110% unique in its force-based mp game. I agree with whoever said that it takes serious practice, time and hence SKILL to be even moderately "good" at the game. Thats what makes it so bad ass, anyone can play diablo or counter strike, or rogue spear, and kill somebody, but in JK, if you didnt know what you were doing you were a screwed monkey within the first 10 seconds. Nothing comes close to JK. I cant believe you would even think about JK and that piece of crap diablo in the same stream of thought.

no thats not a down point, thats a perk, the way i see it. I want to play a game that takes serious skill and practice, not a game that any old newbie can play, and kill you at that. The first time i played cs, i was killing people, but the first time i played mp jk, i got schooled. Thats what makes JK so bad a$$, or should i say a true game. If everybody could play basketball, then what would be the big deal about watching the games, or paying the bastards hundreds of thousands of dollars to play? But unfortunately, basketball is a game, and takes practice and acquired (and natural) SKILL. ie: there is not much skill in putting the little gun sight on the other person and clicking the mouse button.

no thats not a down point, thats a perk, the way i see it. I want to play a game that takes serious skill and practice, not a game that any old newbie can play, and kill you at that. The first time i played cs, i was killing people, but the first time i played mp jk, i got schooled. Thats what makes JK so bad a$$, or should i say a true game. If everybody could play basketball, then what would be the big deal about watching the games, or paying the bastards hundreds of thousands of dollars to play? But unfortunately, basketball is a game, and takes practice and acquired (and natural) SKILL. ie: there is not much skill in putting the little gun sight on the other person and clicking the mouse button.

Excellent said Jedi! I agree with you totally! When I first played JK I got r*ped sooo bad at everything. The amounts of training and developing your skills is the best part of the game. It does isolates the newbies from the experts yes, but hey, all experienced good players started of as newbies.

And plz stop the whole JK vs. Diablo thing. JK=Action and Diablo=Strategy. That'd be like comparing Football to Chess. Both can be very amusing, but they're not the same at all.

Now now, no need to get pithy! I was just noticing the lack of dedication to the original game. Ironic...this being a web site dedicated to its sequel.

I agree you cant compare the two games, thats what i said before, diablo is a totally different game, and it sucks, so thats two strikes against it. LOL, sorry diablo fans :p

stars are bright - You are cool :)

My name on this board is so &*$#@^ing GAY. how the hell did i come up with that?

But i agree.. too many people forget that JK1 actually had a LOT of positive points that should not be left out in JK2. It surprises me how many non-JK1 players come here and only talk about gunning, totally forgetting about aspects like FF and sabers.

I agree, the force and the saber is what made the game, other wise it was just Dark Forces, with better graphics. In my opinion, if u didn't mix it up with the force and the saber, then u didnt really play JK. Come on, do Jedi Knights really keep conc rifles and rail detonators under their cloaks? (even though they come in very useful in sp. Oh, and denise: Blah blah blah. :)

Jedi, I have to agree with you, JK was an excellent game in its day, and is still a fun game to play from time to time. I loved how it took time to master certain skills, whether it was guns or force. But let's face it, the game is 4 years old. The technology is dated.

I don't however agree with your comments about CS. I believe that CS takes a lot of skill. Sure, you can rack up a few kills your first time playing, but can you really become a pro right after you start? I dont think so.

If you have a decent computer, and a good connection, I'm sure you'd appreciate what developers can do with video games nowadays, and will like what Raven will do with JKO.

PS ~ I used to live in Billings. Nice to have a fellow Montanan posting on these boards. :)

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: BluRR ]

Originally posted by Jedi Master*:

<STRONG>Now now, no need to get pithy! I was just noticing the lack of dedication to the original game. Ironic...this being a web site dedicated to its sequel. </STRONG>

And all people are trying to point out to you is that while JK is a great game by most measures, sure, it doesn't have to be the "best game ever". Not when peoples' tastes are subjective and the field of competition is so large.

That's it. Now, maybe you'd prefer to make an --unwinnable, as it's a matter of opinion-- argument of it, and I'm sure you'll respond to this with another Blah Blah Blah™, but there it is.

Archived