Home

Our Holiday Gift To You...

Guest Aristotle

Vagabond's idea woud be great but people would be disappointed because osme peole might onyl isgn up after.... but putting our names in a forum that's only on for 24 hours seems cool but i mightb e on holiday so someone please sign my name up if i'm gone. Also Stomrhammer's idea about utting in yor forum name is great and it could give us extra (stars?) force powers or something cool... but we'd have to put in pass...

and only first 700 (or a bit over) get it....... that'd be cool or we could put our names in a forum or osmrhing......... but i think what aristole meant was osmeinfo or osmething anyway theyr'e really cool ideas.

Anyway

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JediKnight_114[b]

how bout only people with 50 or more post can sign up. That would distinguish the regulars for the most part. And how bout a wall in the game, like on Coruscant or something, honoring all the fallen comrades of the New Republic. All the names of course, would be ours. That, way, it isn't a huge project like statues, it's something discreet, and it's a huge thank you.

I still don't think we should ask for screenshots, gameplay movies or even a demo. We'll get all of those sonner or later anyway, and they'll lose their significance once the game has been released.

I agree

Vagabond`s idea is cool, but like Terminator says only a few could appear. Im still voting for a secret room with names or maybe the names in the credits

The problem would be choosing the names

Maybe if the idea is approved both by us and by LEC, you should ask them how many names they allow, and based on that the selection is made based on antiquity and number of posts. I dont mean to include only people with lots of posts, but to exlucde old members with no posts and include newest members who do participate in the forums

What do you think? and you raven and lec guys? I know you are reading this!

you said youd have a more active participation in the forums now so come here and post something!

Remember they could simply use a font and print it on a map because i'm sure jkii.net has a list of all the forum members and this is simply cop and paste and then they could jsut put it in a mat (if that's what they're calling them in jk2) and put in a secret area... and there for all to see.

I just thought of this and this way then all the forum members ever can be on it...

dismiss people who haven't posted in over 2 months....

It could be a simpe wall with all our names..

What abotu it evey1?

I think some people are getting a little carried away. We all want a team effort and by putting individuals' name on a wall or credits (although it would be nice to see my name) is NOT a team effort. Some people will be left out, some people who don't deserve it will get theirs put on.

So, I think we should be happy with thank everyone at jkii.net.

This is supposed to be a token gesture from LEC - not making out as though we are partners with them and Raven.

I hope you understand what I am saying

wardz

good point................ arie (can i call u arie?) said things liek questionss and prizes not to be in the credits or part of it... but yet the glactic plumber man and a demo are good ideas if not the wall writing then i chosoe demo!

Well, this is my 33rd post, but I'm a regular of this forum -- I just don't post as often as some.

So, out of both selfishness and common sense, I think the said banner with JK2.net on it is the most general mention of JK faithfuls and yet secluded to this forum -- and therefore the best idea.

Any JK fan should be reistered here, after all... ;)

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Hitman ]

I hear you, Wardz, about excluding some people, but I do maintain that whatever we do, someone will complain that a) it wasn't what they wanted, b) their name was missed off, c) they weren't consulted, d) the saber's the wrong colour, e) the troopers' toe-caps are the wrong size and f) they never wanted the bloody game anyway. These people are just angry at the world because they're not getting enough. :D

it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep eveyone happy as it's impossible.

I was thinking what about all the skins having OFFICIAL JK2.NET MEMBER on back and u have to put in pass to get it....

and then u'd be recognised but i recall it was a treat info question screens or whatever not really cookies in-game

I have thought about a mixture between the ideas already posted:

The idea is to put our names in a secret area, or/and recognize us in games:

To get the forum's regulars the only thing that The Council people should do is (assuming that ubb uses a sql database) something like this:

SELECT nick, email FROM users WHERE posts > 5 AND date < XX/XX/XXXX

That way they'll get the wanted names to send to Raven / LEC. Then Raven / LEC should put harcoded in the game a special code (other than the game registration key), that will be mailed only to us, or put back in our personal data in the forums.

In multiplayer mode, after we input the code, a special overlay text (I think that is better than a skin that can be copied, anyway) will appear whenever one of us logs in a game. Can say the Member number, or whatever we please.

Example "The Proud JKII.net member #66 is here!" :D

What do you people think?

EDIT: spelling... Meesa english is Bantha Poodoo

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Magnum ]

I agree with the fact that there are many old members that post not so much. For example I was a lurker for a long time for many reasons since OBK.net (Galactic Plumberman? LOL! Finally that was a charachter from Racer2 but we didn't know. And Jar Jar Alphabet? Hehehe).

Sure I would be excited to see my name in the game but it is not in the spirit of a community. I still think that a default-skin-replacer activable by command line is still the best idea. It can be copied and extracted, but this is not important. The important thing is that it is there, sold with the game, to thank us all. Who would play with such a skin other than the real members of this community anyway?

Archived