Home

Zone or Zonk

Agen

After a bit of reading i wanted know what people would rather...... The Zone except they could add more players in a room and u can chat.......... or a dedicated server where u prbably can't chat!

Answer because i'd probably like the zone better because u can chat with other gamers rather than a dedicated because u can only talk when ur in the actauly game!

[ October 06, 2001: Message edited by: Agen_Terminator ]

Tribes 2 fixed this community problem quite well. They made an extensive combination of access and ease of playing online, and talking to others easily, especially with their internally based player email system. Pity names had to be registered though, although, I wouldn't mind a system like that.

Highly doubtful that would happen though. I think we're looking at dedicated servers. Lucasarts is giving off the vibe that there's going to be a good form of 'team based multiplayer gameplay', and I'm sure they've realised that most of this MP gaming WILL be online. I think it's safe to say Lucasarts won't choose the zone as the primary gaming location this time around. It may very well be supported, but I think we're looking at dedicated servers for sure.

Well anyway i like the tribes 2 idea but i was speaking to a sysop and he said that lucas and microsoft have some sort of contract with their games...... because when you think about it, there isn't 1 star wars game with an mp side that isn't on the zone.

Archived