Home

Ask the JK2 Developers a question

matt--

Well, you guys post here every once in a while(a long while), so I want to see if your still lurking.

Everyone post a simple question you want an answer to...Maybe, if we're lucky, they'll answer 2 or 3. PLEASE! :mad:

;)

My question:

How complete(%) is Jedi Outcast?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will we be able to see Kyle's body and feet in 1st person mode?

I've always thought that was something FPS's lacked as well.

A simple question would be how big of a part does Luke Skywalker play in JO?

I'm really hoping you play a level or 2 with him.

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: SlowbieOne ]

We probably won't get an answer for a while (or until this thread gets long) but will u be able to chop off parts and they won't come off stupidly (hit leg and arm comes off)

PS: If 1 fo these developers doesn't answer they msut be embarassed because we might find out they scratch their butt or pick their nose

better thing than sliced bread is...... sliced bread with butter :D

I played the AvP2 demo MP test, and it was, frankly, crap. While the game appears to have potential, they didn't do a very good job of presenting the scope of the game, as a good demo should, IMHO. That and it was buggy.

I heard there were some similar problems with the Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP test, slow and buggy.

So frankly, I wouldn't be that excited about an MP test demo of JK2, though I'd probably look at it, it might just frustrate me more than excite me about the game.

If they're going to do a proper demo for JK2 (which I hope they do) they should take a hint from JK (or better yet Half Life). Release one that has a SP and an MP level, or just a medium length Sp level that is brand new (ie: takes elements from, but doesn't give away much from the full game).

My 2 cents anyway...

Kurgan

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

See that's the thing. If they're going to release a public beta test, to show people bugs they want fixed, that's one thing.

If they want to release a DEMO, where the whole point is to show off how GOOD the game is and get people interested, while giving them some idea what to expect if they buy the full game, then they should do that.

Kurgan

First of all the RTCW TEST was a TEST like a public beta test not a DEMO. All beta/Tests have bugs. RTCW Test was good. it gave as a taste for the game. the RTCW Test was bugy for me, i had no problems what so even and my computer isn't top of the range.

the AvP2 demo was just plain crap. All MonoLith's games have two modes in multiplayer: Deathmatch and team Deathmatch. it got boring real quick.

Returning to topic... ;)

Will there be rolls and acrobatics (jumps apart) while fighting? How are implemented for 1st POV? (personally I think it's not important to "rotate" the camera while doing a roll but put them in the game)

Will be possible to play always from 1st POV with the saber like the first JK? (VERY important for me and other players)

I've been a cstrike admin for a while now, and the one really frustrating thing about it is the amount of cheats ( currently I'm catching about 5 a day). Just been on the Red Faction Forums and see that cheating is becoming prolific for RF as well. Also I hear that the Return to Castle Wolfenstein Demo is hacked on a regular basis ( and thats just the demo, wait till the full version comes out ).

Therefore my question is simple. Are there any plans to integrate an easily updatable ( real word?) anti-cheat system ie. something along the lines of punkbuster ( but better coded, and actually a part of the game ) ?

Archived