Home

questions TO ask at chat...

TrUeFoRcE

There is only one question that I truly care about at this point. Everything else can wait. :)

Will JK2 come with JO Radiant, and if so can we practice or possibly even start making "rough" layouts of maps in EF Radiant, then later convert them to JO?

It would really save people a lot of time.

im not sure i want new maps readily available in the game.. last thing i want is Oasis immediately to reassert itself as the most played guns level without other levels having the chance to become the norm.. :]

my questions would deal with gameplay;

"How does saber fighting handle- are there any games whose sword/lightsaber movement and use remotely resembles?"

maybe also "Ignoring the Lightsaber and force factor, how simliar is JO to other FPSers- Which does it most closely resemble?"

"Regarding force, what sort of counters are we looking at when dealing with chain lighting, force pull(pulling opponents to us) in multiplayer? Will we see a return of force absorb or clever use of mind control or knock?"

i would ask something similar..

what programs and specifications do we need to make if we want to make models or maps, and will the game be easily modifiable or will u have to be a "super coder" to make a simple mod for it...also how will multiplayer work? will u be able find and chat with people easily before in game..

Who saber fights from first person view anyway? Where is the advantage in that? Exactly..there is none.

I'm sure you will be able to fight 1st person, but i would never do it.

Heres some questions i would probably ask

1. How similar is the gameplay compared to Jedi Knight?

2. What have you improved on since Jedi Knight? (this question is fairly broad and can cover many topics at once)

3. Will there be combo moves with the light saber?

4. Will the game music play off a cd, or will a more modern sound engine be implemented, where you can have dynamic music (eg, music tempo picks up when enemies are near)

5. What multiplayer modes are planned, is there a co-op mode where players work together to defeat computer opponents. Maybe multiplayer completion of the single player levels?

6. Name some of the planets we will be visiting. Will Kyle be returning to any planets, from previous games (dromuund kaas :))

7. Will there be dedicated servers?

8. What is the background story to this game? Who is Kyle fighting this time?

9. We've seen in a picture Kyle doing a flip. How extensive are Kyles acrobatic/jedi skills in the game?

10. Can this game be classified as a Jedi Simulator? A 1st/3rd person shooter? Or a hybrid of both?

Add more questions if you can think of them ppl's.

:D

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: Darth Lunatic ]

I probably can't make it to the chat (it's in the middle of the night for me and I have to get up early the next morning). Here are a few questions I hope someone will ask.

Can we expect JK2 (game and/or dedicated server) on other platforms than Windows, like Linux?

If there are dedicated servers, will Lucasarts themselves set up several servers all over the world?

What will be the difference between the Quake 3 gameplay and JK2 gameplay, other than the saber and force powers?

Will there be a training level? If so, will Luke be training you?

4. Will the game music play off a cd, or will a more modern sound engine be implemented, where you can have dynamic music (eg, music tempo picks up when enemies are near)

You know I've been thinking about this lately.

I'm just not sure if a dynamic music system would work with Star Wars music... I'm sure it would be decent if they do implement it, but somehow I can see it getting annoying switching back between tracks constantly. It worked with SoF, but that was no John Williams..

Whichever path they choose, I have faith. :)

Originally posted by Millions o' Monkeys:

<STRONG>im hoping too ask if there going to release it globally at the same time...or the usual

americans first then about a month later it comes out here (in australia)</STRONG>

Yep, Galactic Battlegrounds is out in the US this week while i have to wait til 20-25th of This month.

Originally posted by Darth Lunatic:

<STRONG>Who saber fights from first person view anyway? Where is the advantage in that? Exactly..there is none.</STRONG>

Who fights in that manner? Me, for example! :p And a lot of others...

Advantages? Well, actually it is more comfortable to aim upper or lower with the saber and if the game is going to implement local damage this is to take under consideration.

Anyway I never look for the max advantage, but the max enjoyable experience and I enjoy much more 1st person view 'cause it is more immersive IMHO. You can beat me hundreds of times but I will always play in 1st POW, losing all the times. Just my thoughts...

Fair enough. I personally enjoy seeing lightsaber fighting from the 3rd person view a lot more. Seeing all those kickass animations as well.

It might be a bit hard to flip in first person mode, it would be completely disorienting. Assuming from this screenshot that kyle can flip...

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: Darth Lunatic ]

Originally posted by Darth Lunatic:

<STRONG>It might be a bit hard to flip in first person mode, it would be completely disorienting. Assuming from this screenshot that kyle can flip...</STRONG>

You are right. I think they should'n "flip" the camera in 1st POV... just like JK1 with flip MODs.

My questions would be:

1. What player models & skins can we expect for multiplayer?

2. Can we pick the color of our lightsaber in multiplayer? Can we even pick the handle? :D

3. Will we be able to play all the weapons in 3rd person, like Heretic II?

4. Speaking of Heretic II, will the 3rd person feel like Heretic II's 3rd person? Will there be camera options like camera stiffness? Also will there be a lookaround command that lets us hold the tab key, move the mouse around to move the camera around the player? That was way better in Heretic II. I know in Quake3 games like Elite Force, you have to use this modelview.cfg file off of Planetquake to move the camera around.

5. How is the gamelength compared to Elite Force?

Archived