Home

Rocket Jetpack???

MovieFan

Ugh. I really, really hate rocket packs. They just annoy me, and they are rarely ever done well. I enjoyed it in Tribes 2, but I just think that a Jedi flying around n rocket packs just feels wrong.

Now suppose, just suppose, that there was a Boba Fett model in JK2. That would change things a bit, wouldn't it?

Just a thought.

All right, we'll suppose that.

We wouldn't have to worry about it in single player, since you play as Kyle Katarn. But in multiplayer, one guy flying on a jetpack, and the others walking on the ground? I don't know, but it seems unbalanced to me. But if Raven found a way for it to work out, that would add a whole new perspective to the game. Could be interesting, although I doubt it will happen.

A mod will surely be made, and we'll see how it works out then.

Guest Vagabond

I wouldn't mind jetpacks for, say bounty hunter classes, in MP, or even all non-jedi classes. But agreed, something so potentially controversial as a jetpack should be a MP option set by the server.

In MOTS and JK1, they had bouty hunter classes in multiplayer. One of the playable bounty hunters was a mandalorian. (Boba Fett armour) but the jetpack was not used. This was anoying, because on one of the cloud city levels, there was a big hole in the floor i couldnt get out of. It was very confusing how to get out. :confused: The jet pack would be OK if available then. And speaking of jumping and flying, does anyone know the part of ESB where Luke jumps out of the carbon freeze? He hangs on to a wire above it. That would be an excellent thing in JK2. To jump, grab something, swing forward over a gap, kick a stormtrooper, land, pull out lightsaber and continue.... ;)

You can rest assured that if JKII isn't sporting a Personalities MODification, a group of editors will probably take on the task. I've been working on a few things, as far as the site design, over at JKMAG, and hopefully I'll be able to talk Azlon into making Manowar for JKII. ;)

Originally posted by OnlyOneCanoli:

<STRONG>Ugh. I really, really hate rocket packs. They just annoy me, and they are rarely ever done well. I enjoyed it in Tribes 2, but I just think that a Jedi flying around n rocket packs just feels wrong.</STRONG>

if you think the jetpack was done correctly in Tribes 2, you have not played Tribes 1

the jetpack and "skiing" were the main focal pts, and were an unstoppable combo which everyone mastered

the maps were fast, but the action was faster

my point? just saying that anyone who has extensively played Tribes 1 thinks T2 is a horrible mistake

my two cents

Has anybody here seen the new trailers to Ep2 AOTC, if you have then you would have notice Jango Fett battling Obi-Wan he was flying around shooting down at Kenobi.So if the movie has that senario then why not in mp mod, plus Jedi's have their force powers and Mandalorian Commandos have their armory? :)

just a lil reminder, anyone remember Shadows of the Empire for N64?

The lvl 5 boss was Boba Fett, who flew around and even had Slave 1 up his sleeves (literally)

anyways, to do this again would = rehash, and there is too much of that already in the world

I would have thought a jet pack would definatly be included as it was in Elite Force. Many things like this will be available in JK2 multiplayer

So, because something's in Elite Force, it means it'll automatically be in JK2 as well? Wow, according to your logic we can look forward to phasers and disrupters. Yippy skippy.

Archived