Home

Some things I extracted from the video....

GonkH8er

I noted that there IS blood. those who say there isnt are wrong.

eg 1- 1:25 (approx)

eg 2- 1:49 (approx)

eg 3- 2:26 (approx)

i also noticed that it seemed as if when kyle used his force lightning on his opponent at 2:57 (approx :)), the enemy LOST his saber, and had to pick it up again and ignite it.... he loses it off to our left and runs to pick it up.

i also saw that there was 4-5 jedi fighting at one point. it did NOT look like to old jk style swing and move back. everyone was getting in there and using a whole different bunch of moves, and amazingly NOT jumping like frogs :) it looks like melee sabers wont be a game of chance this time round

from what i saw, i noticed a few saber colours. i believe i saw blue, yellow, green and possibly a red. im not too sure, but there were a few.

as the guy said, the world can be intereacted with a lot. you can see that pretty much every surface he shoots has some cool reaction to the blaster shot....

the r2 unit's head gets shot off :)

enemies die in at least 6 different ways...... AT LEAST 6......

the textures look quite nice when you get up close to them...

one of the stormtroopers seems to run away when he realises what he's up against....

the force mana indicator (as pointed out) drops fast when force is used and rises quickly again. to me this symbolizes a more arcade style game in a way. its very fast paced force style and seems to fit nicely with the gameplay he showed us.... fast paced. its a shame we didnt see any sneaking or jedi stealth, but i guess it took a lot of effort to get that silly woman to understand what he was saying :), so he couldnt focus on the game.

saber throw - throws the saber in the direction it was originally thrown in, not where you're currently looking, so no boomerang round the room effects for us :)

1 question though....

at about 2:20, he's throwing the lightsaber for the second time up at the core of this shaft. a metal object appears to be near him quickly in his hand or whatever then disapears, while the saber still isnt back.....

any ideas anyone?

SO far only two force effects I can see right off the top: lightining, and saber throw. Both Dark Side powers. I thought no Dark Side powers were oning to be used? One thing that really caught my eye were the effects of the lightsaber against the wall. Sparks and gashes. Very nice. One thing I disliked, was the bright flashes whenever two lightsabers connected. I thought that was very annoying. If that's the case, MP will be out of the question then. They should make those flashes a little smaller or something. Also when that one stormtrooper ran away, and the Kyle player came up to him, he just stood there. What's up with that? The graphics were of course top notch. The level looked great; like a chasm from the death star station. Awesome! *me want more!* drool, drool.....now where's that bucket? :D

i'd say they havent quite ironed out the AI bugs yet :)

"One of our newer force powers we got in there is called the uh.... arrrrr theyre not even reacting to me right now!"

another instance where the stormies arent too responsive to enemy presence.....

At one point it looked like the saber was thrown at a large column thing and a big piece fell down which may or may not have functioned as a bridge after that. Perhaps thats part of the world interaction they spoke of.

Also did you notice the Gonks in the background. They're hard to make out, but I found at least 14 of them in the video. :)

Well I believe there are actually 3 force powers in the video, force push is the other one. It can be seen at 1:00, 1:22 and 2:13 and seems to push multiple enemies at once, quite useful as shown when the stormtroopers arer pushed off the edge. Gonk, I also noticed the fact the dark jedi run to the side and seem to pick up his lightsaber. The flashes of saber clashes also worries me but I wonder if Raven havent already changed that...

(edit): I hate when people post things while I'm posting,aaarr

[ June 12, 2001: Message edited by: Syndrix ]

Bruintone, there are no such things as "dark side powers". It is simply with which the intent you use them. The Storm Troopers were shooting at Kyle, so in self defense, he killed them with the lightning and sabre throw. Also, he is defending the future of the many people the Storm Troopers or the organization that uses them (the Empire) would have harmed in some way in the future. Overall, I thought the movie was great, and I'll go look for the blood now. ;)

Actually 4 force powers, a few seconds after he says "aarr there not even responding to me" the stormtrooper starts shooting at him, at which point kyles hand goes up and the stormtrooper becomes complacent, obviously this is a demonstration of the Jedi Mind Trick he is talking about while this is happening.

The flashes aren't bad at all. They look great. They probably look bad on this streaming video because of the format/resolution.

In the original Star Wars films there are lots of dramatic flashes during lightsaber duels. Good that Raven is including them, it adds to the atmosphere and 'authenticity.'

Also, it looks like push is an area effect, not a target lockon effect.

Wilhulf is prolly right, the flashes will look ok, better than stupid triangles anyway..

I think that the have done very well and should be commended for their efforts, The game you saw there will prolly be very different you will see when official movies are released- not in a bad way mind you.

I am also glad that force push is done by area rather than reticle. Plus loads of other stuff... This game is going very nicely indeed..

wardz

Well, all i can say is this very impressive considering the time the project as been in development. Being in the development business myslef(non game related, however application development is the forefront) I must say that this was far beyond my expectations. Also, someone noted that you can "right click" the macro and selcet "save target as" and this will download the file.This is what you want to do, however, for dial up connections, you may need to change the view to 50% setting. Hope you have good eyes...lol., but get close, as the quality is much better. This is stream media, displayed over a compressed file, so the quality will never be perfect. However, seeing it person and on the video is not to be comparred, as my boss was lcuky enough to have a sneek peak of the game. Too bad he is not a fan, as he really did not pay too much attention. I showed him this clip and he laughed, and gave me crap because I wasn't there to see the real deal. "It would have made you pee your pants" he said....and was the best overall game he visited. Too bad the guy was too busy shopping hardware and not software...lol...( don't ask) The lighting effects will be the most improved from a visual perspective, as the frame rates are effected during the video....which is to be expected. But trust me the effects are poorly represented in the video.....man I would have paid some serious money to just have had about 10 minutes on that demo.....LOL

WOW...you must feel very priviledged to know someone that saw the demo(and didn't care). :)

I'm sure you, like the rest of us, are waiting eagerly for JK2. In the mean time, seek revenge on your boss. Maybe next time he'll be more interested. ;)

Okay, my turn...

Some cool things I noticed in the video that other people haven't mentioned...

0:35 - Kyle throws his saber at one stormtrooper, takes him out, then turns to the other stormtrooper and his saber moves to the second trooper (but misses him), so it doesn't look like just a straight-ahead-and-come-back-type saber-throw like someone else said.

0:45 - Kyle throws his saber at a stormtrooper and the trooper goes down, but you can see something white and L-shaped fly off of the trooper and land next to Kyle. Looks like his arm to me!

0:55 - We can see glass breaking in action, like what we saw in the screenshot where Kyle is force-pushing the stormtrooper through the glass. Not very clear, but looks nice and fluid and cool.

now everyone, get 10 minutes alone to yourself, and watch the video and look for things in the scenes we HAVENT seen :)

we should be able to find some stuff if we all chip in...

by the way, where are those gonks? or were u being sarcastic?

Archived