Home

1st person saber

Tre Lightshadow

well I actually ended up with 2 less keys then my jk setup, which I then rebound into a nice chat script..

lg, rail, rocket are the only weapons in q3 really needed, mg for finishing off people, and shot gun for if someone gets in your face, I hate the plasma gun, and the bfg is rarely used. gauntlets I use more then plasma or the mg, but keys 1 and 2 for gauntlet are very easy to access with my config.

I love to rocket people on space maps, off into the void, then rail them before they suicide.. mmm fun.

a rail followed by a nice shafts good to ^^ (lgs actually do the most damage per sec (160ish) in q3.. but they dont fry people under water anymore :()

I've not properly got into q3, I just dabble wif it to own the people at my uni lan parties..

which I do with ease seeing I got st00pidly good item timing abilities from playing jk too much.

2 configs isnt hard to adjust to, really, just bind similar to similar, grip, or close combat weapon. desturction or rl.. simple..

if jk2 balances up 6 -8 good force powers, and 4-6 top guns, there might be trouble :)

although its possible to do lower the number of keys needed..

eg

set weapg11 "weapon 2;set weapg1 vstr weapg12"

set weapg12 "weapon 6;set weapg1 vstr weapg13"

set weapg13 "weapon 8;set weapg1 vstr weapg11"

set weapg1 vstr weapg11

bind x vstr weapg1

which makes button x scroll through mg, lg, pg.

which nicely condenses the setup.

tho tbh lg is on my list of 1 hit keys, and I would never bind more then 2 weapons together like that..

what worries me tho, is with this you could do:

bind d "force_grip; use_force; wait ;use_force; wait; use_force;wait use_force"

:/ tho jk2 wont have sith grip /me prays

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: KillerBee ]

Those who play Ef will definately have an advantage. I'm thinking I'll have a super advantage cause I play Descent and EF which I dominate both. If you can play Descent with skill you will play better than anyone at any fps game there is simply because Descent makes your aiming accuracy shoot through the roof. Nuff said.

One nice thing about Q3 tech is the scripting support. You could easily set up multiple key profiles by executing different configurations as needed.

bind kp_end "exec lowforce.cfg ; echo Low Force Configuration Loaded"

bind kp_downarrow "exec medforce.cfg ; echo Medium Force Configuration Loaded"

bind kp_pgdn "exec highforce.cfg ; echo High Force Configuration Loaded"

etc.

Bee, yes that would be really lousy if supergrip or superlightning showed up in Jedi Outcast.

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: Wilhuf ]

mm configs are great for use, I hope they make qbind support jk2 for free, I think you need to get the $19.9* version for EF :/ so I doubt they will..

I got 1v1, ffa, team dm, and CTF mini configs that load for q3, with server tweaks, different chat files etc for each.

but in jk2 the useage should be great, q2 had much greater use for scripts imho then q3, eg zoom scripts (although the tweaked zoom for q3 which switches your mouse wheel over to toggle zoom level is useful, but q3s not a snipy game..)

but scripts can be used for the dark side ;) eg cs gren spam scripts..

ohh and aim isnt the all important factor in jk, movement, and item control can be used to overcome superior aim I am hoping it will be the same in jk2, q3 annoys me cause of the quick weapon spawn times.. If it had 30s spawns on them, I could happily stop rail whores ever touching their weapon of choice..

If you guys wanna know how to aim a gun in 3rd person made, just press the map key .. i think the default is "tab" yes it brings up the annoyin green lines of the map.. nothin major, but it brings up the red maker.. which i guess is you..(never paid attention to it) wherever this red marker is is where you will shoot.. assuming you use the mouse to look (if you dont, just give up and go back to doom) wherever you aim the red marker is where you will shoot.. its actually rather effective.. :cool:

well map should already be up for its everso useful "I know where everyone is feature" :)

And if you actually look at a wall and use that its slightly uncalibrated.. and you miss just slightly. but its still a good marker, and my aim improves with it up (seeing at most ranges the splash of the conky makes up for it :))

Guest Vagabond

Back to the original point of dicussion, when playing Jedi Knight, I use first-person view all the way, sabers and guns. It's far more immersive, and have been quite successful, even without using the cheap 3rd-person corner-peak. Although, I do use the hell out of Force See, which feels like cheating.

Guest Vagabond

I haven't heard any mention of Force See, but contrarily, I hope they do include it. It really makes sense that one should be able to sense other life forces and force users.

Perhaps one could automatically sense life forces and non-shielded Force users on the map, without using the force, similar to how Ben passively noticed all the people on Alderaan dying - that is, he didn't actively turn on Force See and then noticed they weren't there.

Similarly, perhaps one has to actively turn on Force See to find Force Users who are using Jedi Mind Trick. Perhaps the level of Force See -vs- Jedi Mind Trick would determine the accuracy of the target's location on your HUD map.

Just some ideas.

I hope they include force see as well. The ability to sense lifeforms and force users does indeed make sense (no pun intended). But I could never get my head around it being part of force see.

It seems that it should be a power on its own, akin to sensing impending danger around corners etc (which was discussed some time ago on another post).

Perhaps one could automatically sense life forces and non-shielded Force users on the map, without using the force, similar to how Ben passively noticed all the people on Alderaan dying

I see what your getting at, but I believe it would have detrimental effect on gameplay, you would know where every stormtrooper in SP was. Too easy. Also reason ben felt that was because it was a great disturbance, as if a million people screamed at once and then were silenced.

If Raven make it that you can actively sense other Jedi using Force seeing, perhaps it could be skill based(assuming force powers still have levels like stars in JK). If Jedi A using mind trick has more "stars" than the Jedi B using seeing, maybe seeing doesnt penetrate the mind trick.

Speaking of that, off topic (as if I'm not already), but I hope there are enough force powers of different variety that are actually useful to make people spread "stars" (assuming again) across them. In JK you basically took the skills that were actually good and put 4 stars in them, it would be nice in JK2 if there were so many useful ones that you ended up with a couple of 2's, a few 3's, etc. Or you could have highest in some but that means you have a toal lack of others. Some choice, means not everyone is using the same powers (or close enough to the same), adds to the game IMO.

Just an Idea

[ August 11, 2001: Message edited by: Syndrix ]

force seeing never felt like cheating.

everyone could use it.

and it made game play more intresting imho, when you could see the other players you had to move, no camping, no ambushes, you could play mind games using it to.. some guy with the surge, you without, ohh dear, well I can get him stuck in a position where he cant get to shoot me, so negating its advantage, and eventually let it run out without taking damage..

if you are going to change, it I would like a compas kinda thing, that shows direction of poeple.. sort of like the motion tracker from avp. just showing the position of people, not the map as well.. and the circles indicating their positions get blured with mind trick, maybe so you see them reversed, ie they are attacking you from one direction, on the map it shows it from the other side..

heheh if someone has the surge and i don't i just try to get rails and bacta and go for surge next time. if they come after me i use the nightmarez tactic heheheh stay at the repeater and whatever way they come at u go the other way. wait for surge. SURGE IS GOD!!!!!!!!! :eek:

mmm jks surges were far too focal..

specially in bgj. in oasis you could run out surges by being somewhere like the repeater to run them out..

one thing I would like to see changed in jk2 actually.. a nice 2 minute spawn, or just so it doesnt actually give unlimited mana, just replenishes your supply. to make managing mana more important..

10-12 ds a minute for a darky wif surge is damned st00pid.

and supershields need to be rebuilt. so they give some indication youve got it, and with longer spawn times

Although keep the 2 time spawn on all items (ie 1 minute spawn for walkthrough, 1/2 for pulling) its great when you got one layout of powers, and the other player gets anoter route, eg I got surge, he got bacta.. you can flip and pick up the surge, then not go back, the other guy usually falls for it, and runs in to get it, you get the bactas, and then go back to get the surge as well.. very useful is that.

Archived