Home

For DF Die-Hards ONLY - Kyle Katarn Help!

genghis12

I am seeking out an extremely difficult piece of information to find - the actual "birthdate" of Kyle Katarn. No, not his in-continuity birthdate - his real one - when was he conceived by the LucasArts Dev's?

Since the day probably will never be known, the month or quarter will have to suffice I suppose. I'm trying to locate the EARLIEST KNOWN mention of Kyle Katarn as a character. Whether it was in some obscure magazine interview with LucasArts developers or anywhere else.

When did "Kyle Katarn" first appear? It takes on average several years to develop a game like Dark Forces, so does anyone have information which can pin-point it to somewhere in 1993 or 1994?

Help me, JKII.NET - you're my only hope.

im not sure when, but since he was the one who captured the death star plans, george lucas may have tossed around the idea for SW:ANH, but didnt use it because of time constraints, and then the idea was used during the concepting of dark forces. well, thats probably far fetched, but it still would be a cool idea...

In some interview someone that worked on DF said that the name was supposed to be provisory, It was used from the beginning of the development, but at the end they were used to it and hadnt thaught of anything better, so they kept the name

• 3 weeks later...

Digl...

"It was used from the beginning of the development, but at the end they were used to it and hadnt thaught of anything better, so they kept the name"

Thanks, Digl - that's about the best answer I've heard yet about Kyle's "birth." Now, can anyone tell me just when exactly the beginning of DF development was?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have more questions, how when was Luke Skywalker born, when was anakin born and when was palpatine born, as well as han solo, chewbacca and the whole charade, leia, c3po, r2d2, wedge antilles birthdate please, biggs darklighter anyone? birthdate bids start at $200. Boba Fett? Bossk? 200 is doubled for bounty hunters come on now... lol..... hopefully you get the sarcasm

Archived