Home

JediKnight.Net

Guest Kurgan

Much as I dislike the "white out" look, I really like the header banner graphic and the general layout looks neat and organized.

Good so far...

Kurgan

Guest ZeroXcape

A new JediKnight.net needs the following:

- A single navigation column like you have featured.

- to minimally fit, 800x600

- make sure there is enough room so we can write the full names of games under the SW Games category.

- I'm not a big fan of drag down menus, mainly because they get lost. If we are going to use them though, I think it'd be best if we gave them a color scheme.

- Somewhere on the site in the title needs to be "Your Star Wars Gaming Leader" or "News Source."

- Make sure you emphasize the forums, that is a major site feature we boost.

- Please Please PLEASE - Make sure it is easy to add and remove links from the navigation bar ;) We do this often and it was a pain in the ass the old way.

- More later...

<STRONG>

- A single navigation column like you have featured.

</STRONG>

... :D

<STRONG>- to minimally fit, 800x600

</STRONG>

I allways do that on every site I do. I design them around that. :D

<STRONG>

- make sure there is enough room so we can write the full names of games under the SW Games category.

</STRONG>

Do you mean like: StarWars: Episode 1 Obi-wan? (that is quite long)

<STRONG>

- I'm not a big fan of drag down menus, mainly because they get lost. If we are going to use them though, I think it'd be best if we gave them a color scheme.

</STRONG>

Chris had an idead to use Flash for that. What I had in mind is basicly a drop down list but made fancy and cool little animation with Flash.

<STRONG>

- Somewhere on the site in the title needs to be "Your Star Wars Gaming Leader" or "News Source."

</STRONG>

I'll add that in smaller font under the logo text

<STRONG>

- Make sure you emphasize the forums, that is a major site feature we boost.

</STRONG>

I'll do a HOT thing like the other design but I'll make it more obvious :D

<STRONG>

- Please Please PLEASE - Make sure it is easy to add and remove links from the navigation bar ;) We do this often and it was a pain in the ass the old way.

</STRONG>

It's called SSI (Server-slide included). The navbar is basicly one .asp or .shtml or .html file (or whatever) and every page calls that file and then load it. Basicly called a template.[/QB]

Guest Kurgan

Jackal, in order to fix it, use different colors.

If you insist on using "white" use different shades for various tables and boxes. It helps break up the negative space, so it doesn't just look like you're staring at a blank piece of white paper.

So use many shades of gray or blue or something for backgrounds and tables, that is what I'd suggest.

Kurgan

Guest ZeroXcape

Heh, I'm not just talking basic ssi, I'm talking simplified code. I'll explain how to do this more once you get closer to a template.

Archived