Home

Virus?

TheJackal_jk2

I recieved an e-mail from "jane champlin" with two files. No title other then "RE:" No return adresse. When I just simply click it in Outlook Expresse I get a message if I want to download it. I clicked 'CANCEL'.

Since I didn't get Norton Antivirus for WinXP yet I cannot scan it. Please tell me if anybody else did get something similar.

I got it at my jackal@jediknightii.net account

(I posted this in multiple forums just to make sure everybody gets it)

Guest Vagabond

I got it too - I forward my JKII email to my Yahoo account, which has a virus scanner. When I scanned the attachments, it warned of a virus that cannot be cleaned, so whatever you do, don't download it. Seems we JKII staff get alot of infested email like this...we must be cautious.

I'm now getting several of the virus attached "Re: " blank emails a day now.. nearly all from the LGN related mailing lists.

Dang annoying.. I just use NAV to autoscan email, but it's really annoying. I can block addy's, but it still appears in my trash so I know it was sent.

Every time it's been the BadTrans virus. It is starting to outpace Sircam on my list of "most frequently recieved instant delete emails" I get every day. ; p

Yeah, everybody be smart and scan your email, and all attachments, keep your virii definitions up-to-date. Can't be too careful these days...

Kurgan

Archived