Home

LucasConsoles

Swoosh

Alright, since the LucasGames design is nearly complete...Chris and I have begun work on LucasConsoles. Right now I am designing the banner and we're working on HOW the site will be layed out. We're thinking one of two things...either we divide the news by game or divide by console. Personally, I believe we should have a main page with all of the console news and then have separate pages for each console's news. But, I'm not really sure if it matters too much how the news is divided...it seems like either would be just as easy. One big benefit of having it divided by console is we don't have to add a new section each time a new game is announced...just when a new console is. Tell me what you think and I'll try to get a preview up soon.

(Swoosh scurries back to work)

Swoosh

Guest ChrisC3po

Here's what I'm thinking:

On the banner we have links to GameCube, N64, Gameboy, PS, PS2, and the Xbox (Similar to GodGames.com). Each company will have its own color for borders and such (Zero has suggested Red for Nintendo, Green for the Xbox, and Blue for Sony). The main page will have feature links and news from all the console games. When you click on one of the systems you will be taken to an information page listing all of the games and probably system info as well. Each current and upcoming game will have a news page; all the games will have general info, tips, walkthroughs files, direct link to its forum site, and so forth. Every page will have the same banner and logo, so users will be able to quickly jump from one area to another.

Hmmm...I thought we were limited most if not all features to LG? We could do features on LC, but wouldn't that be circumventing the mothership? Maybe links to LucasGames features about the games? Other than that, everything sounds great.

Swoosh

Ok everyone. Just to let you know, I'm heading to the Bahamas for 10 days on Thursday the 21st and will be returning on July 1st. Ah, this is a much needed vacation =). Anyways, LucasConsoles design work is progressing well...I know what I want to do, and it will work well, I just have yet to put it down on the computer screen. Here is the start of something beautiful =)

LucasConsoles quickie

I'm working on some icons for each system's controller and I am almost done with those, but I won't be able to get to a scanner before I leave (mine is toast). So, expect those in the banner as well as rollovers and menu options when I return. Also, during my vacation I'll be working on some drawings maybe for the concept art section or for lucasconsoles...but that should be good. Oh yeah, I assume we will need some graphics for LucasGames and the upcoming articles. If you have any information or requests for graphics...please contact me ASAP. Check out the images/features directory for some current images.

That's about it, see you in a few days!

Swoosh

Guest ChrisC3po

Things are coming together rapidly at <a href="http://www.lucasgames.com/testindex.shtml">LG.com</a> the search script it up and running, Zero has found a headline grabber; and we’ve finally set the link attributes. Swoosh all we need from you now are a couple of headers: Features (with smaller headers for Interviews, Previews, Reviews, and Miscellaneous), Forums, Network, and Contact. Other then that everyone needs to continue working on features. Hopefully we’ll be able to get a couple of exclusives to launch the new site design.

LG looks wonderful...One thing I noticed we need to add is at the bottom of the RL preview...we need to add atleast some screen shots. I'll upload the format of the preview I did when I get home to give you an idea. Other than that, just some minor issues need to be fixed, but everything else looks great!

Swoosh

Guest ZeroXcape

I'm still working on a damn fix for the headlines. Anyone addicted to PHP here? :)

Aside from that, all we have to fix is the features section. I want to fill it up as best we can before we launch. The RS2 questions have been sent to the president of Factor5, so when that returns, we should be good to go.

Swoosh - before you leave, you may want to setup a "temp" page for LucasConsoles like

you did for LG.com.

Also, Kurgan's back now, so he can take some of the load off the rest of us ;)

Yeah, I'm trying hard to get something complete before I leave. I finished drawing my icons now I just need to clean them up and put them into the banner. The rest of the page shouldn't be too much work to complete. I'm gonna work on it some more this evening and tomorrow so we'll see! Welcome back Kurgan!

Swoosh

Guest Kurgan

Thanks guys. What would you like me to do? It's too bad I had to be gone right when all of this stuff was getting done. ; p

Incidentally, the whole deal (I thought) with LG.com was that it was just going to be basically a relay station, for links, etc to the other sites on the network.

JK.net was going to continue general gaming coverage, and LucasConsoles will focus more indepth (faqs, etc) for the console games.

PSX, Dreamcast (don't forget the several LEC games out for it), PS2, GameCube, N64, Xbox, and what about portables? (Gameboy Advance?)

Kurgan

Archived