Home

Just asking, is anyone here a Baha'i?

WD_ToRMeNt

I'm not, but thanks for asking. ; )

If you're interested in joining up, I'm sure they have folks you can contact if you'd like more information.

Kurgan

I have just looked at the site and to be honest, I have never heard of this faith. Might be my ignorance I dont know.

Torment, what purpose does this serve? People would find it weird if just suddenly asked if anyone was a sikh or christian....

wardz

I will admit right off the bat that I know precious little about the Bahai faith.

From what I gathered (and this was years and years ago) it is a movement based on the teachings of their prophet (who became a martyr, who had a name that I couldn't pronounce), and it claims to be a world faith that encompasses/fulfills the teachings of the other great religions of the world (Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc). I believe they also revere Jerusalem as a holy city, along with Muslims and Christians and Jews, but about their individual beliefs, I'd have to do more research (that site might be a good place to start).

Here's from dictionary.com, it's also a relatively "new" religious movement:

Ba·ha'i (bä-hä, b-h)

adj.

Of or relating to a religion founded in 1863 in Persia and emphasizing the spiritual unity of all humankind.

n.

A teacher of or a believer in this faith.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Persian bah’, a follower of Bah’ullh the Splendor of God, Bahaullah, from bah’, splendor, from Arabic. See bhw in Semitic Roots.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ba·haism (b-häzm, -h-) n.

Ba·haist n.

Kurgan

[ October 27, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Archived