Home

Buy Windows XP, Get a Ton of Freebies

CaptainRAVE

Computer stores are so anxious to entice customers to buy Microsoft's new operating system, Windows XP, that they are offering a ton of freebies along with every purchase.

Staples, for instance, is offering 128 megs of memory, free software, three months of free Internet service, and the customer's choice of a Palm, a CD-RW, a cable/DSL router, or a digital camera. The Palm alone costs as much as an XP upgrade.

Computer stores often use freebies to perk up sales, but usually they accompany more expensive items, like full PCs.

Sounds good to me. I might buy it this weekend :)

Guest Rogue15

geez, are they THAT desperate?

btw, one of my friends dad's got to beta test it, so he was the first to have it on his computer. :D

I doubt I'll ever be buying WinXP.. in fact I KNOW I won't be buying it. ; p

Sounds like W2kpro would be better for my purposes.

Kurgan

Couldn't the same also be said for WinME? (just for the sake of argument)

Or Linux?

I use a lot of old programs that utilize dos code, so for me the best solution (since I'm not a linux guru) and I'd want 2kpro for the stability and functionality (without the red tape, hassle, bugginess of the newer XP) is a dual boot with win98se and 2kpro. I don't see why I would need to jump through the hurdles etc for XP (other than just to get in on the "next big os" hype bandwagon). But use whatever you like.

I'm not that interested in having an OS debate personally, but just a couple of ideas thrown out there. I just use what I like best, and that's what works for me.

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Archived