Home

EPISODE II TRAILER "FORBIDDEN LOVE" (NEW ONE) out!

nequadah

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I always thought it would be cool, if this Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus fellow played by Christopher Lee(YES!) were Darth Sidious' master... If I remember correctly, old rumours from TheForce.net told us about possible scene where Darth Tyranus arrives and Darth Sidous greets him saying something like: "Welcome back." That would explain, why he has been gone so long, because there can only be two Sith Lords at the same time, and Sidous earlier had Darth Maul as his apprentice, so Tyranus might have travelled somewhere else to train a new apprentice to himself. Okey, okey! That is only me guessing... Here comes the actual SPOILER part:

The guy wearing a mandalorian battle armor is Boba Fett's father, Jango Fett(played by Temuera Morrison). Is that cool or what, and we can also see a short glimpse of young Boba in Breathing trailer. ;)

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: Lord_FinnSon ]

Man, after seeing this tralier, I have a feeling the will be one of John Williams best works ever!

Han and Leia's theme that began in ESB, is probably one of the most moving tracks I've ever heard. I'm really looking forward to this movie, but not nearly as much as the music. :)

Hail Williams.

Guest C Shutt

Looks like the dialogue is going to be as bad as in the last one.

"<em>Some day I will be the most powerful Jedi ever!</em>"

Where does Lucas come up with this crap?

I think it's quite a good line. It kindof shows Anakin's overconfidence in his power, and his then quest for power. It's partially a sign that he hasn't fully matured and perhaps doesnt fully undertstand the extent of his committment to the jedi council.

I think it's going to be one of those lines that makes the movie what it is, once it's put in context with the rest of the scene.

I think what he means is that the line is awkward. The style of language would be described as "archaic" at the very best.

There's a really good example of this in Return of the Jedi, too: "But why must you confront him?"

While it's technically acceptable sentence structure, people just don't talk like that. :)

"George, you can write this @#%^ but you sure as hell can't say it." --Harrison Ford. Though I'm sure I've butchered the quote.

hmm.... well i have avoided this trailer til now, so i could see it in the cinema when i went and watched harry potter (cool film btw... takes a while to get going, but the quidditch match is like a souped up pod race scene..).

not that impressed really... i know that it was focused solely on the love angle...but it was a pretty unexciting trailer. The dialogue and delivery did seem pretty wooden... :(

The odd thing is, i really like the banter between luke/han/leia and luke/darth in the original films.. but the new stuff does seem pretty poor. It seems to veer between stiff old-fashioned dialogue and bad atempts at "hip" one-liners.

I am not too worried, since it was obviously only clips from the love theme, so there is probably a lot of other stuff they haven't shown us.

however i have to say that the trailer went down really badly with the audience i was watching it with (after the cool LOTR trailer and the funny Monsters Inc one). People looked a bit bored, stopped paying attention and even laughed at some of the dialogue. And i heard at least one group behind me saying it looked realy boring.

Maybe the probelm is that it is probably the only trailer that most people in the UK have seen (not many will have bothered to download breathing or the dvd one) and it didn't have much action in it.

Christopher lee can fence??? Even so, he must be getting a bit old to do wirework... ;)

It is all starting to look a bit like a bad episode of dawson's creek though... teenage love and tantrums.. they have a chance to do a really cool "decent into darkness" storyline (a la godfather II) but it all seems to be going a bit wrong.

Since when can't jedi get married???? stupid idea if i heard it right...

SPOILERS

The Boba Fett guy is Jango Fett. Anyway, I saw that trailer with Harry Potter.If you dont want too much of the love stuff (I dont, because i hate films like that. they are boring. :mad: )Then i tell you that Lucas said that this would be the film with the most love in it. But from the trailers, love is going to be only a bit of it. ;)

In answering to a couple of questions i noticed as i scrolled through, and sorry if someone has already answered:

1.The picture of the sith with the red saber is called Darth Tyranus, a sith whom, from what ive heard broke away from the jedi knights a long time ago.

2.As for the picture of Anakin and Padme being taken into what we no know is an arena from other screenshots that i have seen, they are both tied to two large pillars and who nows what happens next? (George Lucas yes but you get the jist)

C Shutt, why cant you just trust George Lucas. Its an excellent line and its going to be, as DarthRaptor52 exclaimed "a kick ass movie!!!". For the first time we see Anakin start down the dark path, for which will dominate his destiny. He says well i should be, because he nows hes the chosen one, and believes that Obi Wan is holding him back, but Obi Wan is just protecting him from the obssesion of power. Every single star wars movie made are all kick ass! including episode ii!!!

Guest C Shutt

Yeah, I'd heard big things about Hayden Christensen, but going by the trailer, he doesn't look that great an actor. But then McGregor, Portman and Neeson are all talented actors, but they all looked pretty bad in the Phantom Menace. I doubt that a young Marlon Brando could have stopped that "most powerful Jedi ever" line from sounding stupid.

Originally posted by SuperStupidStormie:

<STRONG>Well then those of you who dont like the lines........go make your own film, remember, lucas is doing it how HE sees it, not how YOU see it.

Remember that</STRONG>

ok. you give me the money and contacts that George Lucas has and i guarantee i could make a better film than episode 1.

This bajering of George Lucas and star wars for that matter really disgusts me, if you dont like star wars then dont bother going to a star wars forum! or dont call yourself a star wars fan!. It is George Lucases vision and i am so fed up with people moaning over and over about star wars, George Lucas created star wars and i think people sometimes forget this, he knows what he is doing, and its unnapreciative people like you that dont have the right to call themselves star wars fans, and if you hate so much, then dont be a star wars fan!

While it's technically acceptable sentence structure, people just don't talk like that.

Yes, by Earth standards.

But let's remeber this takes place in a galxy far far away...

Based on our world's history, we have gone through many stages in terms of the way we speak and the words we choose.

I've always thought of the Star Wars universe as having a sophisticated society, so the way they spoke always seemed appropriate to me.

Besides, what would a Star Wars film be without a few of Lucas' lines that are so different, they make you chuckle? :)

Guest C Shutt
Originally posted by jedi of the force:

<STRONG>This bajering of George Lucas and star wars for that matter really disgusts me, if you dont like star wars then dont bother going to a star wars forum! or dont call yourself a star wars fan!. It is George Lucases vision and i am so fed up with people moaning over and over about star wars, George Lucas created star wars and i think people sometimes forget this, he knows what he is doing, and its unnapreciative people like you that dont have the right to call themselves star wars fans, and if you hate so much, then dont be a star wars fan!</STRONG>

Well, this isn't technically a Star Wars forum, it's a forum for a game which just happens to carry a Star Wars license. And I <em>don't</em> call myself a Star Wars fan. I like the original movies, sure, but I wouldn't define myself as a fan. Particularly not if that means having to praise an awful movie just because it has the words "Star" and "Wars" in its title. If I like a movie, I'm going to say so. If I think a movie sucks, I'm going to say that too.

this would be a really dull forum if everyone just praised everything that had the name Star Wars in it.

in fact, if everyone had just kept quiet about the fact the last few starwars games have all sucked, we would probably be getting more of the same... but since people spoke up LEC have at least made an effort to change their system and produce some good games... hence JKO.

Saying something sucks for NO REASON is pretty stupid (although no more so than saying something is good just because it says STAR WARS on it), but most people on this thread have given perfectly sensible and reasoned arguments for any bad feelings they have about the new film(s).

i am not saying it WILL suck, after all EP1 had a cool trailer and was still pants, only mentioning some concerns i have about it from what i have seen so far. you got a problem with that??? ;)

Archived