Home

Episode 2 teaser this week!

GonkH8er

From Starwars.com alert newsletter-

Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Studios today announced that Lucasfilm Ltd. has created an exclusive teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones that will only appear at the head of the new animated Disney / Pixar film Monsters, Inc. The film premieres on November 2nd in theaters across the United States and Canada.

George Lucas commented, "I have great respect for Pixar and deep admiration for John Lasseter and his team. I'm thrilled to be able to show audiences their first glimpse of Episode II with Monsters, Inc. It gives me an immense sense of pride to see our companies working together."

Check out the preview this Friday, only in theaters.

:)

Am I the only one who isn't going to bother with the trailer?

I thought TPM's trailers were great, but the film failed to live up to my expectations.

Maybe this trailer will suck, and the film will be great. I hope. So I'm not going to bother with the trailer...I'll just go and see the movie when it's released, and judge it on it's merits without all the hype.

All I can say is no way in heck am I going to waste a ticket just to see a trailer. Chances are, just like with Episode I, somebody will digitize the trailer and leak it out on the 'net the day it comes out.

I'll see it then.. ; )

It is just a trailer, but it's something to whet my appetite, without giving away anything big. After all, I'm going to be avoiding the spoilers (like I did with Episode I) so that will be about the only "official sneak peak" I get before I see the actual film.

I do hope it's better than TPM... good luck George, ILM, et al.

Kurgan

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

Well, I was planning to take my little brothers to see Monsters Inc. opening day (which I want to see anyway :D), so the teaser will just be an added bonus to what will be a really funny movie anyway.

Woo Hoo!

It is a bit worrying that they have decided to promote the movie on a film full of "cute, funny, computer generated creatures aimed at 6 year olds". After all, that pretty much sums up what was wrong with episode 1. :(

still, at least pixar usually make "cute, funny, computer generated creatures aimed at 6 year olds" that don't manage to annoy everyone over the age of ten. maybe lucas will have learn't something by association.

Originally posted by TomS:

still, at least pixar usually make "cute, funny, computer generated creatures aimed at 6 year olds" that don't manage to annoy everyone over the age of ten. maybe lucas will have learn't something by association.

Don't count on it.

Didn't I read somewhere that Lucas didn't have so much hands on with ESB...I wonder why that turned out to be my favourite film of the entire series (so far).

If there are going to be three battles going on simultaneously again, I'm going to be...ahem...rather annoyed. :mad: It didn't work in ROTJ, and it didn't work in TPM, IMHO.

Originally posted by JediKnight_114:

<STRONG>Well, I was planning to take my little brothers to see Monsters Inc. opening day (which I want to see anyway :D), so the teaser will just be an added bonus to what will be a really funny movie anyway.

Woo Hoo!</STRONG>

Tell us all about it.

Guest Boba Rhett

I saw the 30 second trailer this afternoon. I nearly squealed outloud with excitement. It was totally awesome.

****Trailer spoilers****

It showed clips of many interesting things. I very very distressed Mace Windu. "Looked like he was about to cry"

It shows a shot of the new cgi Yoda. "Awesome!"

Shows Padme and Anakin looking at each other. "She's hot. "

A shot of Obi and Anakin running down a hallway with sabers drawn.

Thousands and thousands of clones being loaded onto ships.

What appears to be young clones training on computers.

A ship flying over the water planet of Genosomething, "don't remember name"

Obi wan trapped in some kind of levitation device, "He's floating int the air" Looks like he's whoozy.

Shows Jango flying through the air. "Awesome!"

Shows Anakin or Obi fighting with, "I assume" Darth Tyrranus. "Awesome again!"

That's all I can remember.

****End Spoiler Warning****

Has anyone else seen it? It's truly an awesome trailer even though it's only 30 seconds long. Questions? Comments?

Archived