Home

What will be Game of the Year 2002!?!?

Agen

Well i just wanna see what u think will be game of the year for next year... here's the list.

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast,

Grand Theft Auto 3,

Quake 4,

DOOM 3,

Star Wars Galaxies,

Deus Ex 2

Duk Nukem Forever,

Lord of the Rings,

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault,

Half Life 2,

Filght Simulator 2002,

Halo,

Hidden and Dangerous 2,

Freelancer

Unreal 2,

Sam & Max 2,

Mafia,

Championship Manager 4,

Colin McRae Rally 3

and a few more!

Tell me us all what you think.

I'll tell u what i think is gonan do it in a while...

That's a lot of good games and loads of them are sequels!

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: Agen_Terminator ]

take out any title released this year.

Grand theft auto 3 for example will be in the running for Game of the Year awards of 2001.

And that is my front-runner for game of the year. NO title on any gaming platform offered the freedom of gameplay that Grand theft Auto 3 did. Infact the gameplay transcended what could be done in a game.

Grand Theft Auto 3 is coming out for pc in 2002.. so it is in goty 2002. There's god damn a lot up their... 2002 is gonna be gaming heaven with the amount of good games up there.

Should we do this by elimnation process... if so then Flgiht Sim 2002 is out 1st

Well, I have to say I'm really doubtful that we'll be seeing Deus Ex 2, Doom III, and Quake IV next year. And Half-Life 2 hasn't even been confirmed as being in development at all yet, has it? We can probably discount Thief III as well.

Of course, you've forgotten a few other titles that could be in the running, including...

Soldier Of Fortune II: Double Helix

Call of Cthulhu

Chaser

C & C Renegade

Morrowind (Elder Scrolls III)

Iron Storm

Maelstrom (outside chance for release in 2002 as it's X-Box and PC...so the console version will probably appear first...)

Outcast 2: The Lost Paradise (another outsider)

Severance 2 (as far as I know it's still being developed)

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic (outside chance of appearing in 2002 - although there has been no information :( )

Unreal Warfare (another possibility)

Hitman 2

Dredd vs Death (outsider)

Arx Fatalis

Duality (unlikely)

New World Order (hmmm...that's a TBA...)

Most of these titles are looking very, very good.

In fact, I think we're going to be a bit spoiled next year. :D

From a list like that, it's near impossible to pick out the GOTY. Based on hype alone, Medal of Honour is a strong contender...but the proof will be in the gameplay. SOFII is looking great. JKII is looking great.

However, I think that if it can achieve what UT did, and deliver some highly addictive gameplay, Unreal II could stretch ahead of the rest of the pack... I want it to be Jedi Outcast, of course...and I hope it gets there...but I have a bad feeling about this...

I've been waiting for the next big stack of good games

the last one I can think of is '99, when UT, Q3A, Homeworld, and all the other good stuff came out

the only good one since then has been Black & White, which is too boring after you beat it once

Guest C Shutt
Originally posted by -WD- ToRMeNt:

<STRONG>I can't believe you didn't mention Unreal2. Id say JK2 has little chance of getting GOTY. Remember it's highly likely to be more or less a quake 3 mod, and we've all played q3 before. U2 has as good a shot as any I think.</STRONG>

Jedi Outcast uses a licensed engine, so it's basically just a mod? Like Half-Life was just a Quake mod?

As for Unreal 2, I haven't seen anything to suggest it's got more going for it than just a pretty engine. But hey, it's an engine that nobody has used before, and I guess that's all that matters, right?

You also forgot Neverwinter Nights.

I have no idea which will win. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I remember saying when I saw the previews for Half-life I thought.

"It looks like another shoot-em-up, doesn't look that original, there's no way it will win game of the year."

Now my opinion means nothing.

I dunno if i got banend or what but i couldn't egt in all day.. restricted access and afetr waiting for about 7 hours after sending stormahmmer and Gonk an e-mail i decided to dodge the ban.

Well acutally i didn't it's clearup day for my comp (1st of month) so i held it back and after no reply i jsut let it clearup my sutff so i'm back.

Torment I mentioned Unreal 2.. look at it.

I just put a few up that i thikn might have a chance of getting G.O.T.Y didn't put all of them up. Add them if u want. it's your choice.

And jk2 look to be shaping up more than a mod.

Oh yeh i logged in as term incase i mgiht get banend again.

it's me Agen_Terminator.

Unreal 2 seems eye candy but not sure if it's gonna be good or be like unreal 1.

Could end up being a flop who knows.

I thoguht half life was gonna be a flop but er... it rocked so also my opinion is Destined to the eternal dustbin of No good ideas (Myst 3 company)

Archived