Home

Lord Of the Rings?

Haazt

Although i have read the Hobbit I havent finished reading the LotR books (halfway through trilogy) i really want to see this movie. It will be awesome to see the locations, that we can only picture in our heads, come to the big screen.

One question tho, in the newest trailer, who does Liv Tyler play? because the only female they really meet in the Fellowship is Galadrial the elf lady

Liv Tyler plays Arwen(also an elf)....Striders/Aragorns' love.

In the books it's not all that worked out (except in the end maybe but i wont spoil that for you :D )...however this is a movie so they probably show how Strider met her perhaps....that is known so....(at least in my 'print' there is a piece about it in the appendix's at the end of the 3rd book)

Anyways i have read the books some time ago(the best books i have ever read) and what i've seen from the trailers especially that big theatrical one...oh boy oh boy....SW;Ep2....HAH away with you.

No really i'm going to both and i'm not really looking forward to one more then the other.

[ November 24, 2001: Message edited by: Darth Sarcastic ]

This'll be one of the best movies ever....

I just realised that the second book "The Two Towers" in the film is called "The Twin Towers" It'll probably get changed back to The Two towers....

LotR is the best boo ki have ever read and i sure hope them ovie lives up to the book.

Arwin is Stryders love but it seems more squeezed out in them ovie moe than the book.

I'll like to see what they make Gollum turns out like....

link (hint hint)

I'm also looking forward to LOTR. I think it's going to be very good...it certainly has enough talent in the mix. Hopefully it will revitalise the fantasy genre in films in the same way Star Wars did for SF.

I thoroughly enjoyed the books, but I can't say they are my number one favourites. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (both) are still my all-time favourites.

Archived