Home

Best JK clans?

[TE]DarthBob

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, I was getting there Lord Nu-force.

It's not the east or the west side (Nu-force: No it's not!)

its not the north or south side (Nu-force: No its not!)

its the dark side!! ( Nu-Force: u r correct!!! )

That's right, we got the Deathstar and we are coming to galaxy clan league near you. The Empire is looking for an established JK clan that wishes to ally with The Empire. For contribution in your "Force Power" techniques, we will spare you and demonstrate our Q3:EF powers. Together we share rule the Galaxy!!!! <insert evil laugh>

Um....ok....I've been watching the Star Wars Gangsta Rap wayyyyy to many times. Click here and all will reveal itself: http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_1403

• 2 weeks later...

ROFL biocycte!!!

I knew it wouldnt be long b4 [oo] showed :)

well...just to let all know that UK / USA EF champions clan =CCC= will

be entering into Jedi Outcast

You wanna play with some serious nutters and have a laugh while owning the world.......join us

cya on the battlefield [oo]....good to c u lads in JO and look forward to lopping your arm off with me trusty saber ;)

=CCC=V1Ru5

----------------

http://www.clanccc.co.uk

The best competitive clans in JK currently do not post on and probably don't even check JKII.net forums. This has led to the 'elites' being unrepresented when RAVEN comes to these forums for suggestions and to get the opinions of the fan base.

Time has mostly killed JK's competitive population; the very best clans, that are legends, if you will, amoungst today's existing clans have long moved on to other games. The few remaining ones do not actually compete in anything to the best of my knowledge. They simply just play, some times getting into little feuds with each other over petty little things, simply because theres nothing else to do in JK anymore, beyond playing it.

actually clans that I know have kept it together mostly have moved onto other games

TF - Team Fusion(top JK CTF clan, consistently held top 10 ranks in Tribes 1/2.

SyK - Sykotic(mediocre clan in JK at best, but, as I've heard, has become an strong clan in other games)

IRN- Iron Knights(top JK clan, currently in CS I believe)

ETI- Extrerestrial Intelligence(pretty good if i recall)

HDK-Heavy Duty Killers(up there in JK, primarily strong in UT)

some others Ive forgotten

when i say top clan,etc. in relation to JK im refering to them as they were in their prime in JK

Three or Four years ago I was briefly (like 3 months) part of the Phantom Jedi Elite clan for DF2;JK, and there were some cool folks about. Any of you still alive?

I lost touch when I went back to school. But PJE_Meat is back with a vengeance! That's me trying to sound badarse.

Folks like Cyberdemon, Firebird, etc. Anybody still around?

I tried to access the ole website, but it wouldn't load. Anywho, I'm looking to gang up with a bunch of folks. For anybody recruiting, message me. I guarantee you I don't suck, and I don't intend for that to change.

--Monsieur Poopypants.

To add on what DeathBolt says which I dont know if he remembers me but I am former HDK_MetalNeo most the top clans r not represented here at all. And most the top clans are resurfacing with the release of JK2 drawing closer and although Deathbolt names some good clans he forgets some new top clans that have come about with old legends coming back to revive them and some old clans brought back.

I just wanted to take some time to list some top clans I still see on the zone.

JaG, HDK, JCS, END, KDE which used to be DE, and VDS i suppose hehe.

By the way clans such as WLP are highly organized and populated but talented or great let me think no lmao.

GSpoT_JCS

actually part of the criteria for being part of the clans i listed was actually being able to move on to other games as a organized fore and excel on the ladders at other games..

sure END, VDS, dP, etc. etc. are fairly strong guilds in JK, but they've not demonstrated the ability to be able to adapt to other games.. im not saying they can't but I won't believe it until i see it..

:)

You can't just ask Whats the best JK clan. You'd have to categorize the JK clans, or everything'd be a mess.

And I'm not only talking about NF or FF or guns, I'm also talking about years. JK has changed a lot from when it first started, the gameplay has changed, the players have changed.

But you'd also have to set criteria of what the best clan actually means.

Is "the best clan":

- the one with the biggest amount of "elite" players?

- the one whith the most trophies?

- the one with the most active players?

- etc

You can't just ask: ***BEST JK CLAN? = choose from EA/IRN/JCS/DE/HDK/VDS/WLP etc***. That's not fair because they all have their strong and weak points.

Categorizing the best JK clan is the best way to get an objective point of view work. You'd have to do something like this:

best nf gunning clan in 1997

best nf gunning clan in 1998

best nf gunning clan in 1999

best nf gunning clan in 2000

best current nf gunning clan

best nf gunning clan ever

best ff gunning clan in 1997

best ff gunning clan in 1998

best ff gunning clan in 1999

best ff gunning clan in 2000

best current ff gunning clan

best ff gunning clan ever

best nf saber clan in 1997

best nf saber clan in 1998

best nf saber clan in 1999

best nf saber clan in 2000

best current nf saber clan

etc

etc.

A lot of work, but the conclusions would be fair.

but oh well.. what is "the best"?:-?

<html> <font color=black>

I've been in a few JK clans in my time.

I'd say the best Clans are one's who combine an active Roster of skilled players and are led by someone who actually care's about the clan.

Meaning not just a load of people beating the midichloreans out of each other. But a clan with tournaments that work and awards that work.

Out of the clans I've been in I would commend the Leviathan and Holy Clans. Cuz they had both, and their own Levels. Leviathan had a JK race curcuit, sounds weir but it's great! And I topped the award list (woo hoo)

http://Http://turn.to/leviathan

http://Http://browse.to/holy

I hope these clans will be doing something for JO.

Guess I'll see you all then.

Look out for the Black Rose, saber fans!:atat:

~ Lev Kelly / Holy Kelly. ~

The best competitive clans in JK currently do not post on and probably don't even check JKII.net forums. This has led to the 'elites' being unrepresented when RAVEN comes to these forums for suggestions and to get the opinions of the fan base.

'The squeaky wheel gets the oil.' Those who show up get the resources. There is nothing stopping any of the self-proclaimed elite from participating here.

Of course the assumption you've made, that the elite base of player, and therefore elite opinion, is found in clans, is wrong. Although your quotation around 'elite' suggests that competetive clans may not in fact be the cream of the crop.

Presumably the 'elite' suggestions would focus mainly on making sure that Jedi Outcast was basically a Jedi Knight/MotS clone. Same gameplay, same force powers, same weapons, same network code, etc. Presumably they have no answers to the questions : 'Why change the game if you already understand how to play it well? Why learn anything new if you like and have mastered something? Why can't Raven make it as easy as possible for me so I don't have to master something new?'

No doubt there will be exceptions to this thinking among some long-time clanners. It would be especially nice to hear their opinions.

In any case, all are welcome and encouraged to participate here.

There is nothing stopping any of the self-proclaimed elite from participating here.

I absolutely agree with you on this.. In fact, I was actually criticizing the best competitive clans for their lack of participation. Additional criticism goes to those who did show up, but showed their superior brain power when they decided it was a better strategy to drop the constructive, rational argument routine and start flaming everyone who dared disagreeing with them.. :\

Although your quotation around 'elite' suggests that competetive clans may not in fact be the cream of the crop.

I use the word elite interchangeably with competitive players, hardcores, etc., simply because thats just one way(albeit its probably a lousy one) of describing the top competitive players.

Presumably the 'elite' suggestions would focus mainly on making sure that Jedi Outcast was basically a Jedi Knight/MotS clone. Same gameplay, same force powers, same weapons, same network code, etc.

Well, on most of the stuff you mentioned, the competitive gamer community's opinions varies. People that want the same netcode are the ones who benefitted from being laggy. People that want the force powers to work exactly alike tend to be current jk players and the ones that have spent forever getting to the skill level they are on with the current strategies, and when they're in their prime in JK, they are afraid of being a newbie again.

Its primarly the basic stuff, like the centripetal force factor in movement, that most of the competitive JK players(that ive talked to) start thinking alike on. Thats the sort of thing that most compettive JK players think are as signifcant as the presence of force powers and lightsabers.

No doubt there will be exceptions to this thinking among some long-time clanners. It would be especially nice to hear their opinions.

Well, compettive JK players that have been playing JK for ages, and contiue to do so, are usually either doing it because they have pos computers, or are stuck in a rut. Today's competitve scene is pretty much filled with people in a rut, who don't want to try something new. When I refer to compettive gamers, I primarily think about the old, no longer playing JK ones probably more than I do about the current ones.

Let me clairify something here. http://www.theempireclan.com is a (soon to be) powerful Jedi Knight II clan that eagerly awaits the release of the JK2. I'm not sure what StarWars game you folks are talking about but, The Empire-Obsidian Order Clan is a multiplayer first-person shoot clan that is currently one of the top clans in the StarTrek Eliteforce League.

I'm afraid that you clanners who are not playing a multiplayer first person shoot think they are going to walk in and start kicking butt on the new Quake III driven Jedi Knight 2 game better be prepare to die like a newbie. ;)

Look for you on the Fragging Fields,

:fett: [TE]NuForce[OO]

We are referring to Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, which JK2 is a sequel to.

And assuming force, etc. will be even remotely like JK(which probably has the same chance that skills in quake3, elite force carry over), you will find out that you're playing a incredibly fast paced game, where height and distance present no obstacle to reaching your destination. The shortcuts opened up by speed/jump* are amazing. Utilizing curves and bumps on the floors/walls of map, you are able to virtually fly using them as ramps. In the most popular sabers level, Battleground Jedi, there isn't a part that you cannot reach in a second, through speed-jump force use. You can dance around using the whole level as for cover, virtually leaping from behind one barrier to another across the map in mere seconds competely evading enemy fire. And all that is possible with just 2 force powers of the 14 offered in Jedi Knight. As you can expect, this entailed a great learning curve where many of the abilities and many of the tactics used in NF Guns/Sabers** aren't useful in FF Guns/Sabers***. Many clans formed divisions of people that played ff in the same manner that some clans would form divisions for other games

*=Speed/Jump... using Force Speed and Force Jump to basically do running jumps at mach 4 :p

**=NF Guns/Sabers refers to No Force(no force is available at all) Guns, which resembled your typical FPSer, and Sabers, which was basically saber duels without force. :p

***= FF Guns/Sabers refers to Full Force(all force powers are available) Guns and Sabers, which do not resemble any FPSer I can think of.

Hopefully that made sense hehe :p

Either way, if you've got JK(it can most likely be found in your bargain bin(if even there) at your local computer store, i'd be happy to show you what I mean: my icq# is 55920286 and my zone nick is _Deathbolt(althought i don't use it frequently).

Archived