Home

Best JK clans?

[TE]DarthBob

I happened to be the VP of an elite clan that found its home on America Online, We saw to the fall of many clans (some of which i cant even remember at this point). We were the primary enemy of F.O.R.C.E., we saw to the destruction of Young Bloods and the complete anihilation of NEB (I still have no idea what NEB means). We also fought against Mercenaries of Death. The list goes on. Now, some of what has been said here is true, There are aspects of JK that i dont want to change. For example I loved the COG scripting, it was so simple that it was easy to modify JK to my liking. The ability to dramaticaly edit the texturing and models, made it one of the most customizable games ever. Now I am all for JO no matter what, but I just hope it will be editable. By the way, my clan? The Phantom Knights

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never expected any of you to know the Phantom Knights. One of our key traits was as the name suggests...Stealth. We didn't like the mainstream anyway, too many people wasting your time while you are busy training can be a hassle. We picked and chose our fights. We also tended to lean more towards decimating clans who claimed to be "the best" or clans formed by former enemies, and especialy those who tended to get "too powerful". But don't get me wrong, I NEVER SAID WE WERE THE BEST EITHER. But the operation method we used was simple- Be unknown, stay hidden, strike when neeeded. This allowed us to take our enemies by surprise. Tell me, if you came accross a clan that you'd never heard of, and they challenged you...WOULD YOU THINK THEY WERE A THREAT? Think SITH, people. But that was also a long time ago. I felt that a little publicity would help with gaining "official recognition" oh and...BRING IT ON MONKEY BOY :)

I personaly stick with FF Sabers Only, That has always been my favorite thing in Star Wars, those awsome lightsabers! I mean thats a really cool concept. Without lightsabers and the force, SW would just be another really good science fiction flick. I cant help but see more honor in a face to face lightsaber battle, than is seen in hiding behind things and blowing people up with the biggest gun you can find when they arent looking. I am actualy taking a week off from work to train myself in JKII saber combat. :D

Immature 5 year old trapped inside a 30 year old's body. He hast fun at least:) so ya can't complain about that, makes it more like Star Wars, I think it's lots of fun when people play the game as a Star Wars game and not just trying to be the best at it and with Jedi Outcast it only helps more. A week off for work though? err can't you wait til after work?

Yes, I know its a video game, but the clan scene tended to also get a bit personal. And besides, part of multiplayer gaming is dealing with real people as opponents. In the end its just a game, but while you're playing against a member of a rival clan...its war. Interacting with clans outside the game tended to get ugly. People were known to create multiple screen names and join enemy clans just to gain a tactical edge. It was common practice to have a "members only" page on the clan website. Gaining access to that helped people learn the secrets and plans of rival clans. There were tons of clan rosters with at least one rank designated as SPY. So yes, its a game, but it also became a tool for dealing with personal enemies made in chat rooms.

I honestly can't speak for the NF side, but amomg the FFers WD, dp, BSB, JaG, XXXSA are the top clans. DSbr was untill recently.

Of these, only WD and JaG have been able to play games other then JK.

I'm not disagreeing with Deathbolt. He's right and in the know, but he only named the NF side.

Of the few "elites" who have even bothered with these boards, Deathbolt is about the only one to be listened too. For that I congragulate him.

I remember when JK2 was first anounced and more "elites" were on the forums, but they quicky got tired of stupid arguments with the clueless that just didn't want to listen. But still, he is right about there being a problem with "elites" not hanging around these forums and we've already had that discussion on the WD boards. He is also right about the "elites" flaming to much (although I can't say it wasn't deserved at times).

My personal opinion remains that just as in JK, there will be a huge gap in skill between the hardcore gamers and the people who are just star wars fans. I'm not saying that you can't be both, but if you consider the choice of light or dark to be a moral choice and not a tactical one...

FYI Light is better in guns maps such as oasis because absorb blocks pull, but you have to control the armor vest and your surge and have awsome aim to win against a skilled darkie.

Dark is superior to light in saber only levels (tower and BGJ). Absorb or not, grip stops you for an easy saber hit and destruction can push you off ledges. Heal or not, 2 saber hits in 2nd fire will kill you in BGJ (there are no shield power ups.)

they quicky got tired of stupid arguments with the clueless that just didn't want to listen

Or is it they simply have nothing constructve to add? And have no substance to their 'arguments'?

Typical self-proclaimed elite suggestion for Outcast: 'make Outcast a Jedi Knight clone using q3 tech. Don't change a game that I know how to play. I have no idea how to make it better. But I'll just claim that I am a great Jedi Knight player, and that will be my excuse for making no meaningful suggestions on how to improve the game. Anyone who disagrees with me is a newbie.' Repeat ad nauseum.

What is the devteam supposed to do with that kind of suggestion? Put a Jedi Knight CDROM in an Outcast box?

Self proclaimed? Ha! Talk to me when you go into nar and you find that people are talking about how good you are in the main chat. Talk to me when you have some one you don't know call you a "legend."

You really don't know...

Talking about a group of people that you know nothing about is a not a worthy thing.

Talking about a group of people that you know nothing about is a not a worthy thing.

Age-old advice I try to follow as much as possible.

So what is your fixation on newbies? Are they people you don't know but like to talk about?

Just because you are a legend in your own mind doesn't help make Jedi Outcast a better game, Torment.

Now I know I've come across harsh but you don't know me, just as you don't know the hardcore JKer community. I've been back on the zone for less then a week and I've already offered three "newbies" the chance to join WD when JK2 comes out.

Why did I do this? Well I could tell they had potential and after talking with them at lengh I found they were what I was looking for. The fact they they could endure a FF BGJ game with me and not get mad or call me a hacker and actually try and learn something tells me a lot about them.

I never flame or start verbal confintations while in games, however I will finish them.

Torment, why do u keep comparing JK1's playstyle with JK2's?

WE DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW JK2 IS GOING TO BE PLAYED! All we do know is that it's going to be VERY different!!! :cool:

And that difference is=

It doesn't matter if you're good at FF or Guns or Sabers in JK1, because all those fancy moves you've learned will probably not be used in JK2.

Haven't u read about ALL the new stuff JK2's going to have? Even the simplest things as gunning or force-pull are going to be different.

"Elite" people from the current hardcore JK1 community HAVE to realize that we're all going to be sh!t and newbish when JK2 comes out. I know that, my fellow VDS-clanmates know that, but for some reason a certain WD still doesn't know it. And what's so bad about being all newbie again? Some people have to realize that this is a game and being "elite" is just stupid, just have fun!! It's going to be hella fun being all newbie at JK2 again, discovering new tactics all over again, etc etc.

And JK2 being very different to JK1 is also the reason why it's stupid to let current JK1-"newbies" into ur clan for JK2, just because "they're talented at BGJ FF".

That talent won't mean anything in JK2!!

If you want to recruit for JK2, judge them by their attitude/location/pc/internetconnection/whatever, But DO NOT judge them by their current skill in JK1.

I'm sorry if this post is a bit harsh, but it's just frustrating to see JK1 people talk about JK2 like it's just JK1 with better graphics. They have to realize it's a different game.

Archived