Home

Full Trottle Review

The Adventurer

Full Trottle Review

By: The Last Great Adventurer

Full Throttle is one of the best games ever made by LucasArts. Its the story of a Biker Gangleader named Ben. Set in the near Future where wheeled vihicals are becoming the thing of the past Ben and his gang rome the deserts in serch for Beer, Gas, and Adventurer. When megalomaniac Ripburger is set on stopping the operations of CorlyMotors, the last motorcycle manufacture in the world Ben gets forced into being involved.

With slick graphics and a seemless interface Full Throttle hits the mark on beeing a great looking and playing Adventure. How ever there is an "Action" Section in the middle of the game where you punch and kick othere bikers while riding your bikes. This makes the game drag abit in the middle. How ever compared to games such as Grim Fandango that has near 60 hours of game play Full Throttle is preaty Short a little under 30.

Where Full Throttle Realy shines is in it's Voice acting. This game has some of the best diologe of any game I've played, with spot on type casting and laugh out load hillarios One liners this game is sure to please. The Music also does a good job of setting the mood of the game.

Final Grade (0.00 being the worst and 10.00 being the best

Graphics: 7.8 (Realy good but still has the "Jaggys" compared to games like Curse of Monkey Island)

Sound: 8.9 (Spot on great sound. I'd say even better then Monkey Island)

Fun: 8.0 (A Solid Advneture that will not disapoint, While it lasts. The Action sequence is a little lame after the first 10 fights.

Final Score: 8.2 (One of LucasArts finest works ever. If you ever see it get it, Period.)

Box art

fulla.gif

Action Shot

fullexa.gif

....he's indestructable! :)

got the original game + box and soundtrack (bone to pick) as well :))

know what's also cool? I was watching an episode of Nash Bridges (crime-series with Don Johnson (Miama Vice, Harley Davidson and the Malboro Man)) and they played a song from the album there for a moment in a scene.

Oh well nuff said

FT is a really good original game! Both thumbs up for it!

I have one copy of Full Throttle and one copy of the Gone Jackals CD but I never listen to it because besides the snippets of tracks that were used in FT its not a very good album :(

Also I have a mini-strategy guide sihned by Tim Schafer except he signed it "Joe Ashburn" and then scribbled out the "e."

FT was a great game... let's see, I have the Mac version, and recently got the PC version. I love that game AND it's music.

Newfoundgloryboy: there's a diskette version of FT?! That's wack!

My friend and I have the strategy Guide, and we used to be so into the game, that we'd call the guide our 'bible'. We loved that game. And I still do. My friend practially memorized the entire game. Scenes AND speech.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by newfoundgloryboy

i have owned 5 different full throttle games.

the original diskett version and the cd version [2 times] and two from the gamepack. i currently do not have a copy though... odd

There is no such thing as a diskette version of Full Throttle. I mean, that'd mean they wouldve uncut all the voices and make the background sounds and special effects into midis or something. Don't think that existed..did it? I could be wrong of course =]

Archived