Home

Jedi Knight sp RULES.

Rogue15

yes. it does. I'm so GOOD at it. Maybe if i keep blazing through it on easy and memorize the whole game, i'll go for medium difficulty. darn i need to buy the jk cds again so i can view those awesome cutscenes. unless someone knows where i could dload them?

Oh, come on, I've beat Jerec on Hard at least a half dozen times with no cheats and no Force. I have beat the whole game on hard so many times that I have to invent new ways to make it challenging. I now start the game, use the 'all weapons' cheat, drain all my weapons, and use my saber exclusively for the entire game. I play that way with no cheats, and never once get killed, on hard dificulty. The levels that are the most difficult that way, are the ones with probe droids. I found the trick though. First, you let them get close, let them fire, deflect it, run forward, do a quick slash, step back, and deflect two more lasers into it, and it's toast.

So, I challenge you to play the game on hard without using one single cheat. Unless of course you ar gonna use the saber exclusively for the whole game. :D Betcha can't do it. :p

Why does almost everyone find defeating Jerec difficult?

It's quite easy, all you have to do is get him away from the opening to the health thingy that Jerec uses. Then lower his health till he runs towards the opening. Then all you have to do is run to the opening, block him and slash 'em up!

But that's not running through the level, shooting everything in sight, is it.:D

I've beat the game on hard once, ussaully when I play Jedi Knight I'm trying to relax, so I do it medium.

Cheats are completly uneeded unless I'm trying out a weapons patch, there's no use in going through the entire game just to see what the weapons do!

Yeah, in relation to Boc, Jerec's a pushover. Boc's health isn't quite as high as Jerec's, but with the way he hops around, you can't ever get a bead on him. For Jerec, use Boc's tactics. Jump around like a lunatic, stay behind him, and he'll never be able to zap you with lightning. When he goes to recharge, black him off and slash him down. Simple.

Yup.....tried that for a while, but didnt get too far...and it was taking to long and was soooooo boring. Its good fun trying to complete the game with just force powers aswell.....when you get them anyway :)...by the way.......everyone here get to the official premier JK2 forums at JK2.....unless you have already :)

The first time I played through on medium. A year later after no playing for a couple of months I completed the game on Hard using only lightsaber, fists (Until lightsaber), and pistol (50-50 lightsaber to pistol ratio). This game is the easiest first person shooter to my knowledge. The lightsaber is truly a powerful weapon and with simple dodging skills you never take too much damage. I did run past AT-ST and such because there is no real point to killing them. Trandoshans have to be the hardest enemies because of that Concussion Rifle. Jerec is only moderately difficult when you keep him from regenerating. Boc is a nuisance, not a challenge.

I always play through a game on Medium first, just to get a feel for it. Like some others here, though, I've played through JK several times on the Hard setting. Sticking to the lightsaber makes it more challenging. And Jedi Boxing is fun too. ;) That's how I took out the Gamorrean guards in MotS the first time I played it...you just have to be fleet of foot to avoid their staves. I have to admit I haven't completed either JK or MotS just using fists, though...but then, I've never really sat down and tried.

The best way I found of tackling Boc is to circle-strafe him as fast as possible and keep slashing him from the side. Don't let him get too far away from you, or he'll leap in swinging both lightsabers.

And yeah, keeping Jerec away from the tower is key to defeating him.

• 2 weeks later...

Defeating Boc:

Run into the low corridors off the arena; with the low ceiling, Boc can't jump. Remember to stay close to him so he won't use his <strike>kamehameha</strike> Force Destruct attack. As always, strafe around him, since he doesn't turn all that well, and use Persuasion and Blinding to effect.

Defeating Jerec:

Straight out duel to begin with, then let him run to the tower while you halt the statues. Follow him up the tower to catch him still meditating. Attack him and keep the duel inside the tower's upper room. If he leaves the tower, he'll just come up the well (and set off the statues) again.

K.O.ing gamorreans:

Just like a saber duel; strafe in a circle. Wait for the guard to raise his axe, then dodge to the side and let him have it. It takes them about three seconds to recover from one of their attacks, so hit them when they're vulnerable. When the ax comes back up, start dancing again.

:cool:

i'd probably own saber battles if i made a box level and put in a super-high-healthed gammorrean and did a saber only attack on it, and keep playing 'til i beat him. hmmm....maybe i could make a quick series of box levels to lightsaber train in since i'm bored. YAA!!!! i'll do that right now and practice all day.

Archived