Home

Wich Light sabercolor do you like the most?

The Sith Kid

Originally posted by BeastMaster

Technically, "gold" is either "molten" or "amber."

Amber, BTW, is the colour of Leia's lightsaber. :cool:

I'm sorry but the first leia's lightsaber was green, and the second one was ruby red.

I suppose that you say it's gold because the in cover of "Planet of Twilight" it's gold, but it is because the picture has a yellow light (as a sundawn)

I haven't read any of the New Jedi order books, so if Leia has a gold saber in these, tell me and sorry. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I was going by one of the WEG RPG Sourcebooks. Paraphrasing from memory here, so bear with me.

There's a vignette in one of them (I think it's the Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook or the Dark Empire Sourcebook) where Luke makes Leia build her own saber from parts that he's hidden around Endor.

She completes the saber in record time, and when she first activates it, an amber light falls onto Luke's face.

Leia then got a second saber during Dark Empire, from an ancient Jedi woman named Vima Da Boda. That may have been the green saber. (Where did you see it, BTW?)

I don't include the red saber because Leia didn't build it herself, Luke did. He gave it to her in the Ambush at Corellia when he noticed that Leia wasn't carrying hers.

Of course, in my personal vision of the continuity, Leia does carry her amber blade, proudly, as a full Jedi. :cool:

Originally posted by Rogue15

I know someone recovered his glove in one of them...

What you're referrring to is The Glove of Darth Vader, one of a series of really bad children's books that came out in the eighties.

They're not part of the Lucasfilm continuity, though since a handful of the more interesting aspects (the Prophets of the Dark Side, Trioculus) are referenced in WotC, we can presume that that particular series is a much-modified version of an "official" event, yet to be described (except, possibly, in fanfiction).

Hmm, I'd have to also say the classic blue. Too bad none of the jedi knight games let you choose which lightsaber you want during one player games. Also, anyone know why Lucasarts has never brought back any of the classic games back to the pc? Like they had for the super nintendo? I think those would get a lot of response. Those games werer pretty neat at the time.

Any of the "Glowsaber-style" mods (SBX, GotG, etc.) have a saber toggle that lets you choose new colours in-game (something about the glow effect makes it impossible to change the saber colour off-camera).

Though, I must admit that I'm not too fond of SBX3 (for MotS)'s system of changing the hilt along with the colour. It'd be cooler to have the hilts auto-assigned to the characters so you could use a red blade without looking like you've stolen Vader's gear.

And they should've included Corran Horn. He is the only Jedi who uses a dual-phase saber (IIRC, Kyp removed that capability when he took Gantoris' weapon).

Archived