Home

Its about time.......

glottis42

The last two years Lucasarts has been announcing their up and coming cames in April. Chances are this occur again this year. Also Simon Jeffrey said the the company was going to be doing about a 50-50 split on SW and other games. Hopefully we'll see a sequel to an old classic and hopefully a new adventure franchise.

"It may have the same lame jokes as EMI."

Are you talking about the new Sam & Max when you say that? I don't think thats possible at all since nobody who worked on EMI will be working on Sam & Max... since the new Sam & Max title is being made by Infinite Machine (the company made up initially from the original Jedi Knight team), and has nothing to do with LucasArts.

Also who knows what console the new Sam & Max will be for? Their website only says "Next Gen Consoles," so that means whoever agrees to publish their game will chose what system they write it for. That hasn't been announced yet, so lets all hope for PC and Gamecube ;)

Originally posted by telarium

Doesn't the Gamecube have great support for cell shading? Or toon shading, as it may be called? If that's the case, they should go with Gamecube. And then PC!

GameCube does indeed have very good cel shading support, and so does the XBox. "Cel Damage" is a great example of how good it can look.

It'd be sorta, kinda un-realistic to expect it on the PC if they were to use that, as I believe you'd need a top of the line video card to do the same quality as the next-gen consoles. (not all of us gets a GeForce 3 by mistake :) )

Originally posted by Schmatz

Where have you been? Sam and Max 2 is coming out! There's a classic sequel!!! Too many Star Wars games though...

...Sam & Max 2 is not a Lucas Arts Title though...It probably wont even be an adventure game

Originally posted by scabb

...Sam & Max 2 is not a Lucas Arts Title though...It probably wont even be an adventure game

It has to be an adventure game. The only other type of games that Sam and Max could be in would be........ either a lame racing game (which there arent even enough "regular" characters for anyway) and like a shooting game! haha... i HIGHLY doubt that Sam and Max will just be walking around shooting aliens (or earth people) for no reason what so ever.

Originally posted by Lemon Head

and that leaves a lot of scope for an unfortunate tomb raider clone

That's what I said!

Also, if it comes out for XBox, Infinite Machines might just realize that they aren't seeling ANY of the ir games, because everyone HATES Xbox. Even if it comes out on XBox first, I'm sure it will be ported. It better be.

Originally posted by Schmatz

That's what I said!

Also, if it comes out for XBox, Infinite Machines might just realize that they aren't seeling ANY of the ir games, because everyone HATES Xbox. Even if it comes out on XBox first, I'm sure it will be ported. It better be.

If everybody hates it why does it sell so well? I'm sorry, but HATING a piece of machinery just seems a bit strange to me.

Originally posted by sheaday6

actually, Infinite Machine (the company developing it) has been making games for primarily Xbox, which doesn't bode well

Actually they've only made one game, not games, and it was originally for PC before their publisher made them switch to XBox. If you're a company as small as I-M you make the game for whatever system someone offers to pay for it for.

Archived