Home

Your Favorite Non-LucasArts Adventure Games

Bobbin

well, in the face of such solid facts i shall back down and admit defeat, simon 3 was supposed to have come out over a year ago but collapsed before it could.

The main point is that if/when it does come out, still don't get it because i played the review code when i was doing some work at a games mag and it was god awful

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lemon Head

well, in the face of such solid facts i shall back down and admit defeat, simon 3 was supposed to have come out over a year ago but collapsed before it could.

The main point is that if/when it does come out, still don't get it because i played the review code when i was doing some work at a games mag and it was god awful

Now, THAT, I will agree on.

Originally posted by Lemon Head

Natty, Darnn wasn't having a go at you, he was giving his own opinion of why certain comments were made in an orderly manner - your reaction was totally uncalled for and any more of that kind will lead to consequences

this is a warning

Yeah- I know Lemon Head, I do apologize, to everyone for my comments they were out of line and unnecesarry- Darnn and I just have different opinions on what classifies as an 'adventure game'

Simon 1 & 2 definatly. Can we stop dissing a non-existant game, no matter how much the review code sucked? :)

Ted Murphy in Under a Killing Moon... Starship Titanic, of course - who can beat DNAs sense of humor?

Most anything from early infocom days (nobody said it had to be graphical!)... Expecially HHGTTG, much as some of the later puzzles simply became really confusing. Of course, I just liked the fluff in the box!

I'm sure theres more, I could ramble on for hours :p

Does Commander Keen count as an adventure game? It was really my first PC gaming experience - so everything was an adventure. Up to that point I was a "PC adventure virgin" as some might put it. But then we would have to say that I lost my virginity to Commander Keen and.......:ball:

Originally posted by JiveMonkey

Does Commander Keen count as an adventure game? It was really my first PC gaming experience - so everything was an adventure. Up to that point I was a "PC adventure virgin" as some might put it. But then we would have to say that I lost my virginity to Commander Keen and.......:ball:

No, I'd say that's more of a platformer/action game.

Just curious, though, what was your first real technical adventure game? Mine was either Sam 'n' Max or Leisure Suit Larry 3.

Originally posted by Endy

Most anything from early infocom days (nobody said it had to be graphical!)... Expecially HHGTTG, much as some of the later puzzles simply became really confusing.

H2G2 was, without a doubt, one of the hardest, most obscure games in existance - still fun, but bloody impossible

Originally posted by Endy

Ted Murphy in Under a Killing Moon... Starship Titanic, of course - who can beat DNAs sense of humor?

Heh... when I tried to play Under a Killing Moon the sound didn't work and then I lost the first cd. I'm sure I'll find it someday. I also liked Starship Titanic, even though I know a lot of people got frustrated because the puzzles were pretty much impossible. It got more interesting when you knew what to say to the various robots/parrot.

That would be a toss-up between Nine Princes in Amber and Rendezvous with Rama, both text/graphic adventure games by Telarium Games. (Yes, kiddies...that's where tel got his nick)

In the end though, I would have to go with Nine Princes. Played both games on the commodore 64 and when Corwin (your character) gets his eyes burnt out by a red-hot poker, that Commodore SID chip made the most realistic sound effect that I had ever heard. Ouch!

Wow, Amber and Rama adventures exist?

Why didn't anyone ever port them? Text adventures tend to get annoying, and still, I mean, Amber.

Not that I've read the books, or anything. I just know what they're about, and that they're poorly translated to Hebrew ("You're in trouble." translates as "You've got problems." And it is completely unnecessary.)

I never really enjoyed text-adventure games. Finding the right words in the game's parser often took more time than the actual puzzle-solving.

My favourite non-lec games are all graphic adventures. A top five:

5- Flight of the Amazon Queen

4- Normality

3- Titanic: Adventure out of time

2- Discworld

1- Simon the Sorceror 2

Place one and two are close, though.

--Erwin

Archived