Home

scenario loading problems

roboharrisono1

Having real problems with this! The game installs OK - however it is doing a couple of odd things.

Firstly - I cannot save my progress. The game does not seem to realise that I have 10Gb free.

Secondly - My profile on the game has to be redone each time I restart the game. It does not save either.

Thirdly - the campaigns do not allow progression after the first scenario within it is completed. I get the confirmation notice telling me that I have completed the scenario OK. It then returns to the menu and shows the next mission in the sequence. Upon clicking on this new mission (or in fact any campaign mission) it returns a message 'This scenario could not be loaded' and refuses to launch it. The normal/single game section works fine though.

I have systematically updated everything to solve this - and re-installed at each point - nothing seems to work. I have been in touch with 'Yoda' at Lucasarts - they are giving me some ideas - but the 2 day lag on messages being answered is really annoying! Does anyone have any ideas - please? Pretty please?

It's driving me mad.

I suspect all 3 of these problems are linked - as all 3 seem to realate to placing data on the hard disk.

I have a Athlon 800Mhz with 256Mb RAM

30Gb hard disk - 10Gb free

Windows ME

NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 (64MB) - running latest .2311 drivers

Soundblaster Live 1024 - running latest .2065 drivers

DirectX 8.1

Internet Explorer 6.0 - fully updated from Microsoft site.

All background tasks disabled - except systray and explorer.

1.1 patch has been installed as well - no change.

NOCD patch tried as well - no change.

It's a great game though - from what I have seen anyway!

I've been expieriencing the same problem to detail. I've took all the obvious steps as well, and have had little luck, however, I have managed to stabalize it a little longer.. sometimes just long enough to make it to the next scenario and save quickly, so at least you can progress, no matter hong galling it is...I did this by raising the minimum virtual memory value by a couple of hundred...This also leads me to believe that it is memory related...but it's hard to believe because I have a

P3 1000ghz

224mb pc-100 SDRAM

hercules 3D Prophet DDR-DVI with 32mb onboard

Sound Blaster live platinum

56x cdrom

I just don't understand what else it could want??

could the program possibly be that encumbering?

Guest IdLe_WorkeR

In the Game directory, do you have any files with the extensions .nfx and .khi?

I believe the .nfx file records the number of players defined for your install, and each .hki file records the specifics of each player, such as hotkey map, general options, and scenario progress.

If you DON'T have any such files, then the game is somehow being prevented from writing them to disk. If you DO have such files, then it appears that somehow either the game isn't loading at startup.

If these files are missing or somehow unavailable, I think it would account for all your symptoms. WHY the files would be is the question.

Otherwise, is your system generally stable? No odd daily crashes, or stuff like that?

Are you both using WinME?

What motherboards are you each using?

You both have way more than enough hardware resourses to run the game. The issue lies elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm having the same problem I have a .nfx but no .khi I'm using Win98 and we were having some troubles but sinse we got more ram it seems they've stopped. My PC passed the analyzer so I have everything the game needs to run.

I don't know what good all that is gonna do sinse it seems it lies someplace deeper, but o well.

Archived