Home

Update on Fox Saturday Block

Jake

Matt Wilson was telling me earlier that Fox might be leaning more towards 4Kids or Sony for their soon-to-be-leased-out Saturday morning block, but Nelvana is still in the running. Just though I'd let y'all know :)

That would be expecially nice, if Sam & Max came back on the air even for a month or two.

THere's no way it could be a bad idea.

What could make it better would be having it on the Midnight Run on Cartoon Network, so theycan put the filthy humor that we all love from the REAL Sam and Max. None of the kiddy kiddy jokes. That would be really cool.

Hmmm, I know I only saw Sam and Max once when it was on TV... and I hardly remember anything about it.. but I think it was supposedly over-budget or a pain to fund...... I don't recall.. it's animation was done extremely fluently... if they're ever going to make new episodes... they should be done as fluently as the old ones.. with the aid of the jokes we've come to love from the comics.

but here's a fun little fix.

http://www.mindflightent.com/Sam&Max.htm

Some episodes of the show were quite good. Aieeee, Robot! is a notable example, in my mind at least.

"My ability to read japanese is sadly lacking, Max. Are you sure that was a milk truck?"

"You wanted milk??"

*baby's head explodes*

Classic!

I liked to laugh at the fact that it was unacceptible for Sam to say something like "What the hell are you talking about, Max?", yet it was perfectly legal (and perhaps expected) that Max was able to carry around an AK and discharge it on a children's program. LOGIC?!

Does Max ever have an AK? I thought they usually had either extreme weapons (bazooka) or silly unreal ones (futuristic spy type weaponry) to keep kids from hunting out and discharging identical weapons found militant pa's bedroom closet.

Archived